International endorsement?

Anyone know what this is? I received an email from the coast guard saying that my international endorsement was approved and being mailed to me?!?!

I called them and got the usual run around and no real answer. I guess I will have one though even though I don’t know what it is and I don’t know that I even applied for it.

I have a 200 ton master if that matters and a limited AB

[QUOTE=blaineatk;118994]Anyone know what this is? I received an email from the coast guard saying that my international endorsement was approved and being mailed to me?!?!

I called them and got the usual run around and no real answer. I guess I will have one though even though I don’t know what it is and I don’t know that I even applied for it.

I have a 200 ton master if that matters and a limited AB[/QUOTE]

STCW. The NMC evaluators are a bit insulated and aren’t always aware that very few others use the same terminology they do. It’s your STCW endorsement.

I have all my stcw as far as basic safety stuff. So, does this endorsement have anything to do with working overseas? What qualified me for it?

I may be missing the point of it…

[QUOTE=blaineatk;119007]I have all my stcw as far as basic safety stuff. So, does this endorsement have anything to do with working overseas? What qualified me for it?

I may be missing the point of it…[/QUOTE]

You asked what the international endorsement is, I told you. I have no idea what you applied for or what NMC is sending you. Contact NMC directly, no one here will know anything more than I have told you.

Got ya, appreciate it.

I did contact them, they simply repeated “international endorsement” to me. The STCW part is still more information than I had before so, thanks.

I guess I’ll figure it out when I get home.

I got the same emails, wondering what will be on the stickers that will show up in the mail.
I asked my wife to open the envelope and scan whatever they sent and email me the scan, the suspense is just killing me.

If your credentials have been issued you don’t have to wait for them to show up in the mail to know the verbiage. If you have an Internet connection go to the NMC website and look up your own credential number. Everything should be right there.

[QUOTE=blaineatk;119010]Got ya, appreciate it.

I did contact them, they simply repeated “international endorsement” to me. The STCW part is still more information than I had before so, thanks.

I guess I’ll figure it out when I get home.[/QUOTE]

If you go to theUSCG (United States Coast Guard) NMC ( National Maritime Center) web page and click on Credential Verification on the left hand side you can check your credentials - use the Name DOB SSN option.

You can learn the difference between domestic and international credentials at the same site by clicking on the “STCW” tab. Domestic is inside the boundary line between domestic and international watersas described by 46 CFR part 7 here. International waters are outside the same line.

[QUOTE=dredgeboater;119070]If your credentials have been issued you don’t have to wait for them to show up in the mail to know the verbiage. If you have an Internet connection go to the NMC website and look up your own credential number. Everything should be right there.[/QUOTE]
I already done did that when I got the email from the NMC saying something was in the mail headed my way … I did not discern anything new or different from what i already have.

Well, I posted that too soon. Apparently the database needed a few days to catch up.
This is newly added, I assume the sticker will have all this:

II/1: Mates (Except Chief Mates) (500 Gross Tons or More)
II/5: Able Seafarer-Deck
V/1-1: Basic oil and chemical tanker cargo operation/Advanced oil tanker cargo operation/ Advanced chemical tanker cargo operation
VI/6: Vessel Personnel Designated with Security Duties / Security Awareness

[QUOTE=Flyer69;119063]I asked my wife to open the envelope and scan whatever they sent and email me the scan, the suspense is just killing me.[/QUOTE]

Is it killing you as much as the suspense from that gender test your wife took last week to determine she’s not actually a man?

Oregon why are being such a dick? Why would you say anything about someone’s wife? That’s uncalled for. And you wonder why no one here wants to help you.

[QUOTE=ElCapitan;119161]Oregon why are being such a dick? Why would you say anything about someone’s wife? That’s uncalled for. And you wonder why no one here wants to help you.[/QUOTE]

If you check the history of him trying to pick fights with me, it’s totally justified. He badgered me on another thread, so he’s getting badgered here as well. Just ignore it.

Ooooooh a wife joke, that stings. You really know how to hurt a guy. Try a mom joke next, but please be kind because Mom is dead, if you are too mean I might start crying.

While you are “checking the history” you might want to take note that as a member of this virtual community I have made the effort to give back where I can, I want to help others much as I have been helped.

This is in stark contrast to you, sir, who is proving to be a taker, not a giver. Not to mention, a smarmy dick with ears.

Good Day, Fucko.

Thanks for all the help and information, mine had something to do with a security class.