A "No" vote for Captain Of The Year for this guy

A six-pax “captain” holds his passengers hostage at gun point while drinking rum, smoking pot & snorting coke?

2 Likes

Florida Man strikes again!

9 Likes

I wondered what Ccaptain was doing with his time.

7 Likes

Perhaps he though six-pack license meant he was supposed to drink a six pack for each watch

3 Likes

And shoot his gun six times.

2 Likes

Wolf Larsen wanna be.

4 Likes

Like rick james said, cocaine is a helluva drug.

2 Likes

He took the whole “be a pirate” thing a little too seriously! :rofl:

When you hold an unlimited master’s ticket and have 30 years at sea you might, maybe, have the creds to make that kind of insulting statement.

Until then, go find some other place to pretend.

4 Likes

I guess the lesson learned here is, if you want to play pirate bring enough booze, drugs & guns for everyone on board. Otherwise you’ll just be branded a lunatic that kidnapped a bunch of non-participating landlubbers. It could have turned into the best fishing trip ever if the guy was just willing to share.

7 Likes

So, my master’s license is not unlimited, but I have been sailing for more than 34 years. Using your system, can I cash in 4 year of sea time to upgrade to unlimited master and then have the creds to make my insulting statement? My point is that a higher level license and greater sea time doesn’t authorize people like us to make insulting statements, and I didn’t mean to. I meant to make a joke, and am sorry if if fell flat for you. For the record, I worked with Ccaptain and continue to miss his presence on this forum.

They need to stop calling these 6 pack jokesters “captains”. Kinda wish he had epaulettes and a big ole hat with golden embroidery on, in true small tonnage license style. Btw, most of those guys love their coke and alcohol, so this is not a florida man, this is a true and true 100 ton man

1 Like

Sounded like an attempt at humor to me. Most mariners
have thicker skin.

How about “certified boat steering guy”?
Tug boat skippers can be “licensed barge pullers and pushers”.
Fishing boat captains can be “chief fish retrieval operator”. The deck crew can start as junior hook baiters and eventually work up to Master of Baiting.
Dive boat captains can be “shark food dispensers”.

3 Likes