Oh good effing lord...!

is this what this forum has become?

who agrees with me that this is not right without some explanation?

[QUOTE=c.captain;134997]is this what this forum has become?

who agrees with me that this is not right without some explanation?[/QUOTE]

//youtu.be/7TNEhP6FQS8

WTF you talking about Captain Curmudgeon?

cur·mudg·eon
/kərˈməjən/

noun
noun: curmudgeon; plural noun: curmudgeons

1. a bad-tempered or surly person

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;134999]WTF you talking about Captain Curmudgeon?[/QUOTE]

DAMN! Didn’t think I would have to say it out loud but the thread about the KULLUK grounding being summarily closed down suddenly. If too personal or vindictive then a stern warning from the Administrators would have been sufficient but not stifling the discussion like has happened here tonight?

THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT OF A TOPIC TO TOO MANY MARINERS TO WARRANT THIS ACTION!

Thank you Bmoore…you have proven to steer a true course even though we disagree on the matter and I respect you for that.

I futher believe that BilgeMan however needs to have his account permanently blocked from further posting and petition the Administrators to do so at first opportunity. One person took a very valuable thread and trashed it!

I won’t pretend to know what the moderators were thinking, but your descriptions of oral sex might have been in poor taste (no pun intended).

Shame because it was a fun thread to follow

Salty language just for sea? We are all adults here, if you want to talk or work on or around commercial boats you should have a little bit of a thick skin for banter and choice words.

Didn’t say I agreed with it, but I could see one of the higher ups not being a fan

[QUOTE=50thState;135008]Didn’t say I agreed with it, but I could see one of the higher ups not being a fan[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that is why. John and Mike know me pretty well and have tolerated a lot of profanity from my mouth which I am indebted to them for allowing me to use in order to color or to emphasize my points when needed. No, there is something more behind this, however it is what it is. I have made my feelings known and would hope they might give us an explanation why but they certainly don’t have to. The forum belongs to them and they can make the rules which I have pledged to follow although I do sometimes get a little too vociferous at times. I have also been known to climb down and even apologize but only when I know I am wrong which is not the case here tonight.

I still see it in current threads.

[QUOTE=dredgeboater;135020]I still see it in current threads.[/QUOTE]

not removed but closed to any new posts

I saw it for awhile the it disappeared completely

[QUOTE=tugsailor;135022]I saw it for awhile the it disappeared completely[/QUOTE]

I just checked and it is still available to read but closed to further additional posts

I guess made i have to log out and log in again. Wonder what I missed before they closed it.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;135025]Wonder what I missed before they closed it.[/QUOTE]

oh, just the usual congeniality and bonhomie plus maybe just a wee bit of nasty vitriol and the usual dirty knife fighting, but not too much…

//youtu.be/NPqhm36sjVE

OK…may be a lot of dirty knife fighting but this would never have happened if we had some rules!

They knew neither of you would stop. You definitely would escalate further as you’re a known habitual line stepper.

Lets start over with a new title and try to keep it clean

Shall we have a poll for the thread name…
here’s a few

Big oil stumbles again
Foreign oil major shares fall
College dropouts, we have a career for you
ABS will class anything
The waves are bigger than in the GoM
Didnt everyone know you cant tow a snow cone
12 hour watches cause bad decision making once again
"Oil n water dont mix" is a fallacy
Aardvarks cant swim

Shall we have a poll for the thread name…
here’s a few

Big oil stumbles again
Foreign oil major shares fall
College drop-outs, we have a career for you
ABS will class anything
The waves are bigger than in the GoM
Didnt everyone know you cant tow a snow cone
12 hour watches cause bad decision making once again
"Oil n water dont mix" is a fallacy
Aardvarks cant swim
:cool:

How bout “JSA plan the work and work the plan an inconvenient truth”