The wage war gossip continues

So WTF man!
I was just talking to a MATE on a blue boat next to us… $770 a day, full benefits, full travel, and he doesn’t even hold his own watch!
God only knows what the lead captain makes…
Now I’m a big fan orange. semper fi G.Money… but man…
It’s difficult to justify to your family why you are doing the same job for so much less than your peers in the gulf.
Are there any rumors about raises on the horrizon that arent pure fantasy to avoid serious contemplation of becoming a smurf?

Man up and upgrade your license or move on and change your handle to Ibleedblue.

Ha! I get $475 for being a “training mate” on a 280 class supply boat. I have also taken the DP classes. I think they are going to hold on to the training mat title for as long as they can!

I have mates that make 800 a day and they can’t hold there on watch.

A guy that I used to work with has recently been employed with one of the big companies. He is on board as a Captain in Training and claims to be making $525 a day. He has no DP.

There’s a lot of Bull Shit in this thread.

There’s a lot of bull shit in this world. The world spins on it!

Prove it! Lol.

Trolling is such a lost art in these decadent times…

Found the proof! Lol

[ATTACH]3643[/ATTACH]

Mate on here makes 750 or 725 he’s sleeping. Capt licenses get you 800 and the Master brings in a cool 825.
This is on 3000itc boats. And isn’t a rumor it’s fact. And I still don’t know if I want to be here.

[QUOTE=“CaptB;117580”]Mate on here makes 750 or 725 he’s sleeping. Capt licenses get you 800 and the Master brings in a cool 825.
This is on 3000itc boats. And isn’t a rumor it’s fact. And I still don’t know if I want to be here.[/QUOTE]

I’m curious about the engineers wage there? I’m a west coast wire boat chief engineer in the refined petroleum trade and we are near $525 a day. Thank you…

[QUOTE=Left Coast;117582]I’m curious about the engineers wage there? I’m a west coast wire boat chief engineer in the refined petroleum trade and we are near $525 a day. Thank you…[/QUOTE]

For compensation purposes, an engineering license / position is treated as equivalent to a position requiring a Master’s license. For example a Chief is paid basically the same as a Master, any difference in pay ranges between minimal and nonexistent, and certain Chiefs may make more than certain Masters. Assistants too are generally paid more than those holding Mate’s licenses, but similar to those holding Master’s licenses working in a Mate position.

At least, that is what I have surmised.

Please someone, what’s a “blue boat”?

It ain’t orange.

[QUOTE=“Ibleedorange;117308”]So WTF man!
I was just talking to a MATE on a blue boat next to us… $770 a day, full benefits, full travel, and he doesn’t even hold his own watch![/QUOTE]

From my understanding, good benefits and full benefits don’t mean the same thing.

[QUOTE=“MariaW;117601”]Please someone, what’s a “blue boat”?[/QUOTE]

I don’t work in the gulf, I believe their talking about Tidewater and some say Turd Water for some reason.

Actually, the guy who is on the Falcon is working for HGIM.

A blue boat is a HGIM boat.825 for master pay is wrong it’s more like 900 a day and 850 is for vessel under 3000 with a 25 dollar a day pay jump in Sept. and other in Dec.Lets see what happens when the new STCW rules come down.

[QUOTE=sailonbigwaves;117607]A blue boat is a HGIM boat.825 for master pay is wrong it’s more like 900 a day and 850 is for vessel under 3000 with a 25 dollar a day pay jump in Sept. and other in Dec.Lets see what happens when the new STCW rules come down.[/QUOTE]

“More like” 900 than 825… that could be 826-899? In regards to pay, what STCW changes do you think will impact dollar bills?