Rumors at E.C.O

Well the new year is upon us, frankly I am disappointed with the lack of rumors floating around the vessels, and at the crew change office of chouest. I learned long ago to never believe peoples “highly credible source from the office” but that being said it is fun to hear…

I heard a $100 across the board raise is coming soon.

Here we go again with this rumors hahahah

I heard it was $100 across the board with an increase in the seniority bonus from $1 a year to $3 a year.
BTW, if you believe that I got a bridge to sell ya in Leeville. LOL

All of our raises got donated to the “Save the Kulluk” foundation courtesy of the Aiviq.

One of my AB’s will take you up on the raise as well as the bridge! Lol

New policy at ECO. OSV operators are getting a 30% pay cut and that is going to fuel the rising demand for crewboats cause we are better than you big boat captains. Ohh yeah and new update on the experimental engines that run on fairy dust and wishes. They need more unicorn road apples to maintain speed.

Even after a 30% cut, us big boat guys will still make $250 a day more than the crew boats.

Hahaha! That’s right!

[QUOTE=ElCapitan;94810]Even after a 30% cut, us big boat guys will still make $250 a day more than the crew boats.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, still we crewboaters get loud, light, crowded living conditions and to share 1 shower with 12 guys. Hmmm maybe the big boats are the way to go…

You would make more money handing out towels at a bathhouse in SF. Only difference would be you couldn’t look at yourself in a mirror and could not work your way onto a bigger boat since we don’t have cabin boys anymore.

ouch harshing on the crewboaters…and leave it to the Navy to bring up cabin boys…don’t hate me cause I can “drive” a boat instead of playing with my joystick…:slight_smile:

Funny you guys always seem to bring that up, and you always seem to be the people running into things and cutting people off in the slip…

The crew boat guys are just mad because their joystick got taken away from them. Stop running into anchored ships in Galveston and maybe Gary will give y’all your joysticks back.

Galveston, yup thats a picture that paints a thousand words, as for cutting off you slow boaters in the slips well yup guilty of doing that with a smile. Probably why they shipped me foreign were any damage done can be swept under the rug. Also I am almost 97% sure I have never hit anything…that I was not aiming at

[QUOTE=“ElCapitan;95060”]The crew boat guys are just mad because their joystick got taken away from them. Stop running into anchored ships in Galveston and maybe Gary will give y’all your joysticks back.[/QUOTE]

Sheeeit… How in Der heck do Ye 'spect 'em to hit ‘em if dere moving’?

Just remember the rules of simple division buddy, aluminum divides into steel but once, steel divides into aluminum over and over. You know, because steering and propulsion failures never happen in close quarters.

Coordinator came by earlier today. Said rumors of the raises are true. $40/day for officers and $20/day for the rest.
About time they threw us a bone.