1600 Masters Crossover Exam from 2nd Mate

Hello Everyone,

I finally just got approved to sit for my 1600 ton Masters Ocean Crossover exam from my 2nd Mates. I know this is a limited exam, but I cannot seem to find any information on the topics and the number of questions for each. If anyone has a link or can break down for me what all I can expect, I would Greatly Appreciate it!! The only reason I"m able to sit for this in the first place is because of Advice I’ve gotten on here. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Trumpeter5;42697]Hello Everyone,

I finally just got approved to sit for my 1600 ton Masters Ocean Crossover exam from my 2nd Mates. I know this is a limited exam, but I cannot seem to find any information on the topics and the number of questions for each. If anyone has a link or can break down for me what all I can expect, I would Greatly Appreciate it!! The only reason I"m able to sit for this in the first place is because of Advice I’ve gotten on here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It’s just one 70 question test, but it’s broad in scope - mostly general stuff. A friend that took it a while back said he had a few questions about ice. I would use Lapware.

http://www.lapware.org/?PHPSESSID=d844f25b2cf6faf2e52852cb0930f08b

[QUOTE=Trumpeter5;42697]Hello Everyone,

I finally just got approved to sit for my 1600 ton Masters Ocean Crossover exam from my 2nd Mates. I know this is a limited exam, but I cannot seem to find any information on the topics and the number of questions for each. If anyone has a link or can break down for me what all I can expect, I would Greatly Appreciate it!! The only reason I"m able to sit for this in the first place is because of Advice I’ve gotten on here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It’s just one 70 question test, but it’s broad in scope - mostly general stuff. A friend that took it a while back said he had a few questions about ice. I would use Lapware.

http://www.lapware.org/?PHPSESSID=d844f25b2cf6faf2e52852cb0930f08b

I was also required to take a Rules test because I had not sat for rules since my original license.

There is a mention in the deck exam guidance document. Has a module ID, and list deck general, deck safety, & nav general as subjects. Not sure how you might reference the module ID I to anything meaning full. I’m on my phone or I would paste it in.

On a side note… Were you eligible to take the crossover exam as soon as you had your second mate ticket? I am trying to run this same route so please post back about the exam when you take it.