Your vessel may be "Prepped" but are you?

Buying and storing 2 tons of food, water for 1 yr and 1mil rounds is over the top to me but hey it takes all kinds. Ive buried 3 shipping containers for excavation customers in the last couple years, and my parents recently built a new home with a poured “obama” room “just in case”. I think if the shit gets that bad, you dont wanna be around to watch it, from what ive read ebola is a very horrible way to go, bleeding out of every possible orifice just doesnt sound like fun.

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Again, I think it is a good idea to be “prepped” to what extent is up to you.

Bump fire is fun but a waste of ammo. “Spray and pray” is a very good deterrent when someone or a few some ones are thinking about rushing you.
One burst over their heads or God forbid into an armed and angry mob will take the steam out of a situation pretty quick. Especially when you have at least 50 rounds left after that initial burst.

.50 cal’s are fun but I caution anyone against purchasing a cheap one.
Just like anything else in life you get what you pay for.

The high end ones that the SF use have a recoil spring built into the butt stock to take most of that evil recoil out of it.

Like I mentioned before a good friend of mind is partially blind in his dominate eye now from shooting a cheap one.
He can not use his bow anymore and it is crazy to watch him shoot a gun because he still shoots right handed but has to use his left eye.
One shot detached his retina. Now he can’t see crap out of that eye. Even after surgery.

When people can’t feed their kids or get basic supplies they are used to buying at Walmart they start to flip out.
You can be the sheep or the sheep dog.

If having a million bucks in the bank makes you feel more secure then good for you.

If having a stash of mini gold bars and food staples that don’t spoil and the means to protect those things makes you feel better then good on ya.

My Uncle lived through the last big snow even in NE. They were without electricity for quite some time. Generators we sold out in minutes.
Gas tankers couldn’t resupply gas pumps due to wx or not electricity at the pump.
No refrigeration at the stores for fresh goods. A run on dry goods. Empty shelves at the stores. Now what?; especially if you were putting that run to the grocery store off for a few more days and now you have empty shelves in your pantry.

Looters should be shot. Survivors shot again.
Period.
You should have thought ahead and if you didn’t then you should have another option like your church or family.
Emergency or not you have no right to take what is mine and I will protect what is mine.

Remember Katrina and people taking big screen TV’s that you could not power up if you wanted to.

So far Ebola is not “airborne”. If it mutates, which doesn’t take much, then we will have a giant shitstorm on our hands.
I don’t relish the day and definitely don’t want to be able to say, “I told you so” because their will be no one left to say that too.

As far as the “end times” goes, if you are right with God you will not be here for that.
JMO

[QUOTE=BargeMonkey;146408]I think if the shit gets that bad, you dont wanna be around to watch it, from what ive read ebola is a very horrible way to go, bleeding out of every possible orifice just doesnt sound like fun.[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing my Mother and Father talking about what would happen if they reported that Nukes were inbound, this was in the 60’s and was a real fear. The thing that sticks with me is what my Mom said. She said that if they reported that Nukes were heading our way, we lived less then 10 miles from N.Y.C., that she was going to take all of us outside and wait for it to happen. Her reason for this was that if it happened there would not be much to live for afterwards. The older that I get I totally understand her way of thinking.

If SHTF - Gold will not help as it’s value will be so high it will be useless for daily barter. Pre-1964 dimes, quarters and halves are best for small trades such as food & fuel.

Now Ebola presents a unique scenario since the key to survival is isolation. May not be a lot of opportunity to trade if everyone avoiding the outside world…

WTF is this thread even doing here?

I just looked at another thread started by this guy and he is obviously off his medication.

[QUOTE=RespectMyAuthority;146501]WTF is this thread even doing here?

I just looked at another thread started by this guy and he is obviously off his medication.[/QUOTE]

That may be true, but prepping threads present an interesting diversion from our typical day-to-day.

BTW- If ebola goes rampant - we’re all in for a very rough ride, Much of it driven by media hysteria and government power grabbing in the name of public safety.

I’m already stocked up on supplies from Y2K, SARS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, The Mayan Calender ending, Killer Bees, west Nile virus, and the goddamn Monkey Pox, or whatever other shit I’m suppose to piss my pants over. Oh wait none of those things caused the predicted “end of the world” either. Let me look into my crystal ball and give a prediction, by the time spring training starts for MLB this Ebola story will be as dead as all its predecessors. Why the hell is this a thread here??? There’s plenty of wack-a-doo sites out there to discuss filling bunkers with beans and biscuits. Come on Mods, easy call.

Well now that the last possible threats have cleared the 21 day quarantine period I suspect we will hear much less about it until the next skinny with a flu manages to clear customs.

I think it is a good lesson learned to see how the government reacted not proacted. Along with hospitals, the CDC, first responders, etc.

My wife works in a hospital. There were some pissed off people at that place. No one was going home to their families if a case walked through the door and the hospital had no plan in effect to quarantine exposed workers.
By the time they provided protective gear and training the first quarantined people in TX were being released.
Glad they got the training but this last MFAFB scenario was a “test run” for us and should be a wake up call.

BTW on the gold bar thing…
If you get a scale that weighs by the grain and have small enough gold bars that you can clip a few grains at a time off then gold is the best way to barter.
Silver coins and such a good idea too but go luck getting some in a crisis.
Now is the time to buy. Before SHTF.

Sweet mother of blessed internet communication please delete this thread.

CLEAR!!!
Wait a minute I think I have a heartbeat!

Yep, this thread is still alive!!!

Look how far we have come from nurses bumbling around with poopy suits on to full out haz mat teams responding.

Not going to do any good if “outbreak” gets out of hand.
We have enough resources for an isolated case here and there but if it goes “airborne” we are screwed.

I’m ready…are you?

Outbreak? 3 cases in the US? More people will die of the flu this year. . . . where is the outcry about that?

[QUOTE=cmakin;146745]Outbreak? 3 cases in the US? More people will die of the flu this year. . . . where is the outcry about that?[/QUOTE]

exactly, thank you

and drunk drivers, and bee stings and falls in tubs and lightning

As the NY doctor case shows, there is a substantial risk of a major Ebola outbreak being caused by medical workers returning from Africa. They should all be quarantined at Gitmo until proven Ebola free.

What is Europe doing to prevent an Ebola outbreak?

Almost the same as the United States. Norway just had our first case of a health care worker catching Ebola in Africa. She was brought back to Norway and cured. Norway bought the last of the available Zmap on the world market, no idea how we managed that.

I also watch at the news that Germany brought back some health care workers that got Ebola.

[QUOTE=“Kraken”][/QUOTE]

I want her to dump me.