WTF! why kill the KP thread?

come on there guys? this is a public forum and KP is a public school funded by taxpayers which I think all of us here are. We have right to publicly criticize the place. sorry though for being so mean towards Helis’ wife but I stand by everything else I said.

who else is with me asking to bring the thread back please?

While I do agree with you on going a little too far by commenting on his wife, I do think that he thread should come back, Minus the Wife Comments.

Why don’t you repost it and this time leave his wife out of it?

I have to leave my house and don’t have the time or even energy to reprise my rants.

Mike can bring it back just as easily and simply edit out the wife bit. The rest is all valid and need to stay in.

C. Captain you make a LOT of valuable contributions to this site, but why should it be Mikey’s job to edit your shit?

[QUOTE=Flyer69;139515]…why should it be Mikey’s job to edit your shit?[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the above post. Should also note another thread on a different topic was recently deleted for what I would assume to be comments that crossed the line.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;139515]C. Captain you make a LOT of valuable contributions to this site, but why should it be Mikey’s job to edit your shit?[/QUOTE]

Because he can just bring it back far easier and faster that I can and very easily just take out what he doesn’t approve of.

[QUOTE=c.captain;139510]come on there guys? this is a public forum and KP is a public school funded by taxpayers which I think all of us here are. We have right to publicly criticize the place. sorry though for being so mean towards Helis’ wife but I stand by everything else I said.

who else is with me asking to bring the thread back please?[/QUOTE]

I killed it because I’ll give you one guess.

why should it be Mikey’s job to edit your shit?

Damn right. It’s all or nothing around here.

[QUOTE=Mikey;139527]I killed it because I’ll give you one guess.[/QUOTE]

Effing KP mafia…they’re everywhere…

just like cockroaches!

[QUOTE=c.captain;139528]Effing KP mafia…they’re everywhere…

just like cockroaches![/QUOTE]

The thing that bugs me is that you raise valid points, but everything you say (or type) is automatically devalued because of how you present your arguments. Especially to outsiders. I wouldn’t attempt to read through the bullshit if I were a newbie. It’s hard enough for me to do it.

Sorry but that idiotic PR bilge more than just sickened me last night. KP really is an embarASSment!

While I have my fair share of distaste for KP, just because it’s on the internet doesn’t make this a public forum. It’s managed and hosted by private entities and individuals with a set of rules that every member agreed to when they signed up (note the last line below). If anyone wants to demonstrate their 1st Amendment rights against KP, you are always free to do so on public property, but those rights don’t necessarily apply here. Anyone is also free to create their own forum on which to post pretty much whatever they want.

To that end, nearly every KP thread I’ve read on here was a continuous obscene rant after a handful of replies, if it even made it that far. Such threads quickly discredited their own interests and little if anything constructive came from it. gCaptain is well within their rights to protect their image and enforce their rules. I think the silent majority agrees with this.

[SUP]
[B]Forum Rules[/B]

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the ‘I agree’ checkbox and press the ‘Complete Registration’ button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of gCaptain Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of gCaptain Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of gCaptain Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason. [/SUP]

KP should be reformed into a truly world class institution with programs designed primarily to improve the skills of existing mariners, at every level. If its going to have a four year degree program, it should be limited only to applicants that have at least an AB card or 100 ton license in hand on the day they start. It should not be a free education for kids with no connection with the sea. I do not agree with permanently closing KP, although it might benefit from being closed for a couple years while its mission is being retooled. Ccaptain and I will have agree to disagree on this.

Ccaptain is one of our most prolific, most informative, and usually most accurate posters. However, when it comes to KP ccaptain routinely overstates his case in too salty language with such irrational exuberance that he throws his credibility completely out the window. He would do well to avoid the KP topic for awhile.

I think KP should model themselves after the rest of the worlds maritime academy’s and make it into a giant hazing fest. Axe handles, rubber chickens, etc. Get rid of the winey babies. A campus whore house would be welcome too to get some practical training experience.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139532]KP should be reformed into a truly world class institution with programs designed primarily to improve the skills of existing mariners, at every level. If its going to have a four year degree program, it should be limited only to applicants that have at least an AB card or 100 ton license in hand on the day they start. It should not be a free education for kids with no connection with the sea. I do not agree with permanently closing KP, although it might benefit from being closed for a couple years while its mission is being retooled. Ccaptain and I will have agree to disagree on this.
.[/QUOTE]

Well stated. The infrastructure is in place, no sense in just scraping it all. Retool it to a working mariners training center. Kind of like the Mid-Atlantic school.

Should the US support the Maritime Industry? If the answer is yes; how do you attract people from [B]all[/B] 50 States and its Territories to a Deck & Engineering license program?

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;139537]Should the US support the Maritime Industry? If the answer is yes; how do you attract people from [B]all[/B] 50 States and its Territories to a Deck & Engineering license program?[/QUOTE]
Simple. Change the fee structure at the State schools to where each of the 50 states and territories are eligible for “In Region” tuition at a minimum of one academy.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139532]Ccaptain is one of our most prolific, most informative, and usually most accurate posters. However, when it comes to KP ccaptain routinely overstates his case in too salty language with such irrational exuberance that he throws his credibility completely out the window. He would do well to avoid the KP topic for awhile.[/QUOTE]

thank you for your plaudits tugsailor but irrational?..me? I agree that I am exuberant to the point of distraction but never irrational. My arguments against having the USMMA in its current 2014 form are all thoroughly thought out and I believe cannot be assailed by any person.

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;139537]Should the US support the Maritime Industry? If the answer is yes; how do you attract people from [B]all[/B] 50 States and its Territories to a Deck & Engineering license program?[/QUOTE]

As the man advised…I am staying out of this septic tank for a while

everybody already knows my feelings on this subject!

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;139539]Simple. Change the fee structure at the State schools to where each of the 50 states and territories are eligible for “In Region” tuition at a minimum of one academy.[/QUOTE]

Are you asking the State to absorb this cost or do you want the Feds to subsidize this “In Region” tuition? If it is the later wouldn’t that amount to 6 mini-KP’s. The devil of course is in the details.

[QUOTE=Chief Seadog;139547]Are you asking the State to absorb this cost or do you want the Feds to subsidize this “In Region” tuition? If it is the later wouldn’t that amount to 6 mini-KP’s. The devil of course is in the details.[/QUOTE]

Not the “State”, States. Right now, each state school has 3 levels of fees, “In State”, “In Region” and “Out of State”. I am suggesting eliminating “out of state” and expanding the regions so all States & Territories are covered. It’s not complicated.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139532]KP should be reformed into a truly world class institution with programs designed primarily to improve the skills of existing mariners, at every level. If its going to have a four year degree program, it should be limited only to applicants that have at least an AB card or 100 ton license in hand on the day they start. It should not be a free education for kids with no connection with the sea. I do not agree with permanently closing KP, although it might benefit from being closed for a couple years while its mission is being retooled. Ccaptain and I will have agree to disagree on this.

Ccaptain is one of our most prolific, most informative, and usually most accurate posters. However, when it comes to KP ccaptain routinely overstates his case in too salty language with such irrational exuberance that he throws his credibility completely out the window. He would do well to avoid the KP topic for awhile.[/QUOTE]

once again Tugs, speak of that which you actually know…

The USN has a direct say in what KP gets to do. If, as deemed by HS grades and standardized tests, (whether you like it or not) that you are not college material then your application will get denied. EVERY participant at KP and those as well accepting SSOP at state maritime academies (also to include all DOD service academies, ROTC, and USCGA) SHALL ACCEPT A COMMISSION IF OFFERED. So how many of your ABs, wipers, and 100 ton mates/engineers will not get accepted??? Got a GED, but you’re an AB and a certified IQ genius, sorry, no dice.

Candidates for admission to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy must be at least 17 years of age, and not have passed their 25th birthday, before 1 July of the year of admission.

how many more does that rule out???

You must have a college degree now (if not for last 20+ yrs) to be a line officer in in the Armed Forces and the USCG. Do not read warrant officer into that.

IT IS NOT FREE, YOU PURPOSEFULLY IGNORANT DIPSHIT. THAT IS NOT TO BE READ UNINFORMED. YOU CHOSE TO MAKE INFLAMMATORY, STUPID, INCORRECT COMMENTS AS FACT ON HERE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL YOU A DIPSHIT.

YOU DIDN’T GO TO SCHOOL THERE, SO YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY JACK SHIT ABOUT THE PLACE.

If its going to have a four year degree program, it should be limited only to applicants that have at least an AB card or 100 ton license in hand on the day they start. It should not be a free education for kids with no connection with the sea.

That makes as much sense as saying no one should be able to enlist unless they come from a military family or go to a DOD service academy unless they are prior enlisted or come from military family.

I back closing the place 1000% because it and MARAD has been incredibly lax in enforcing its own service obligation for DECADES and very recently allowed new grads to go straight to MODUs (95% of which are FOC) disregarding the fact that has little to no value for operational experience for the strategic sea lift needs of this country whether it be on a USS USNS or M/V hull.

But you probably know every bit of that last part because you clearly know so much about the place, its purpose, and its history.

You clearly have a problem so why don’t you pick up the phone and call Hellis or Sazabalta or Jaenichen and reform yourself into a Truly World Class Dipshit of a lesser degree.

• Updated - - -

Why don’t you just graduate before you start posting shit about KP.

You also don’t school there but have no problem chiming in…