Workboat lodged on a wellhead!?

<strong>Guest:</strong>

Captain Lee yeah we got pictures of that crewboat collision over here on our rig nasty nasty but like you said more iron being built less experience there will be more. Our industry as a whole is suffering from accountants who dont want to pay for experience or schools to build experience. Hell you would of though I slapped our rig managers mommy when I told him we needed trainees on my rig. Oh well. By the way keepin touch my personal e-mail on how things are going. Also when we going to panama:) and I dont mean panama florida

<strong>Guest:</strong>

“The captain is an experienced 100 ton master…”

Question; what is a 100 ton master? Is it like a 4th or 5th mate? This boat was 100 tons or less? I saw a photograph and it looks larger than the 100 ton boats I am familiar with.

Thank You

A 100 ton Master is a 100 ton Master. I have not seen the pictures though. I would like to see them. I read the article and am familiar with the vessel, the company, the guy that was driving the boat and a few of teh employees. It is a 155’ crewboat built at Neuville 1999.

Lower level licensing to the top:

6 Pack 50 ton Master

100 Ton Master

200 Ton Mate

200 Ton Master

500 Ton Mate

500 Ton Master

1600 Ton Mate

1600 Ton Master

3rd mate, 2nd Mate, Chief Mate, Master Unlimited tonnage. All of these can have an array of endorsements including towing, sailing assistance towing, fishing industry, OSV, inland, oceans, western rivers, tonnage restrictions yada, yada, yada.

Drop me a link to see some photos of the carnage. Thank You

"Maybe you can post something that will help the industry " humor doesn’t help the industry?

It sure has gotten me through some long days at sea.

“Is it like a 4th or 5th mate?” LOL. Where do I sign up for that? Sounds like the dream job I’m looking for.

John, The guest didn’t like me pickin on widdle bitty Lee. He didn’t think it was too funny. Didn’t like my screen name either. Can’t think of a good contribution to the maritime industry at the moment. Somebody already killed Moby Dick,…that was my first thought. Only other contribution that I can think of is to start giving guests proper screen names and the first should be “Capt.Lee’s cabin-boy” or “Mr. Personality”

Lee, knows him they send each other personal e-mails. lol

Capt Lee see your big bad vessel passed us today hope you gave us a 10 mile CPA.:slight_smile: Oh to clear up something as well seems after reading this post some of your buddies think Im the one who dumped on anchorman for messing with you I was a guest at the time but not that one!!!. So prevent confusion on who is attacking jumping to protect you I will use this login . Who knoews maybe it was DPOJEAN using his allis? Hope you guys are earning hard over there. Also Pic attached of crewboat.

We should be coming back your way this evening. Picking up a suction pile in MC moving it to Walker Ridge. Thanks for the pic.

ok cool hauler at us on vhf13 where just WOW right now

Anchorman… yeah the guest must not have been around long enough to know that Lee isn’t the sole victim of your humor;

iPhone Contest Announcement

Nice boat BTW!

<span style=“font-family: Arial; line-height: 19px; ]”"""“Captain Lee Wrote”"""""""“Now I guess it will be time for me to help someone. I just wish that someone would show up quick. We have a new boat coming out and they are splitting up the bridge and engine room. It is going to be interesting to say the least.”"""""""""</span><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]<br></span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]Captain Lee</span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]i am test for my 100-ton master and will be knocking at your door shortly. I look forward to a captain who is willing to take the time to teach. You have spent the time replying to several email for me</span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]<br></span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]chefken@chefken.com</span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]<br></span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px;]chefken, soon to be captainken</span></div>

CHEFKEN, I DON’T KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE BUT I WOULD BE CAREFUL USING THE PHRASE “CAPTAINKEN” ON THIS SITE. ON YOUR POSTING I NOTICE YOU ARE SITTING FOR YOUR 100 TON. GOOD LUCK ON THAT BUT ANCHORMAN WILL BE ON YOUR A@# LIKE WHITE ON RICE. <br><br>HE WILL ATTACK YOU!!! BUT IT IS ALL IN GOOD FUN. HE IS A GOOD GUY.<br><br>WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT LAST STATMENT CAPT LEE? CAN YOU SAY “PARROT” LOL <br><br>CHEFKEN CHECK OUT THREAD “WHO GETS TO CALL HIMSELF CAPTAIN”<br>ITS A GOOD READ

The problem with most of the crew boat captains is they get in a big hurry to leave the dock and hurry to get back in not realizing that when they get back in they might be 1st up which means the sooner they go out and get back in the sonner they leave again.