A fender bender in Halliburton Slip yesterday?

I hear some blue paint was traded with some orange paint. Any reports?

It is bound to happen sometime. That is a dead end slip being used by 320’ vessels going to a major facility.

Time to move the Pool Rigs.

Seems to be a trend lately, I don’t think any of the offices understand how tight that slip can be with the pool rigs and the occasional Crowley barge at heavy lift

[QUOTE=“Traitor Yankee;125637”]Seems to be a trend lately, I don’t think any of the offices understand how tight that slip can be with the pool rigs and the occasional Crowley barge at heavy lift[/QUOTE]

I fully agree. That barge really makes that turn tight on a bigger vessel. Also, some boat captains don’t take the whole “paid by the day, not by the hour” approach. Waiting in the bayou for 5 extra minutes would really make things faster!

Alot of these guys drive like they are scaired and have no idea what they are doing, even at super slow speeds. And some couldn’t even drive a canoe

It wasn’t Halliburton it was flotation. I seent it.

1 Like

Well…what are the details?

[QUOTE=Bigpuddie;125653]Well…what are the details?[/QUOTE]

I second that ???

[QUOTE=Bigpuddie;125649]Alot of these guys drive like they are scaired and have no idea what they are doing, even at super slow speeds. And some couldn’t even drive a canoe[/QUOTE]

I actually am certified to drive a kayak, that’s a lot like a canoe I guess.

I also agree on the paid by the day not hour. I cant wait to get tied back up and on gcaptain as much as the next guy, but not enough to get myself into a bad position.

[QUOTE=sailcapt;125655]I second that ???[/QUOTE]

I third that.

http://gcaptain.com/offshore-helicopter-makes-hard-landing-at-port-fourchon/
This doesn’t count as trading paint!

It is confirmed that the C- Leader was hit by the Harvey Carrier

[QUOTE=Bigpuddie;125649]Alot of these guys drive like they are scaired and have no idea what they are doing, even at super slow speeds. And some couldn’t even drive a canoe[/QUOTE]

You may be surprised at how many are marginal boat handlers. I worked on several boats in the pumpkin patch in my day and most of the guys were truly scared to death. Normally each boat has one really good boat driver, that doesn’t mean he is on watch when it comes in to the dock.

Heard on the radio about another bender last night.

[QUOTE=Bigpuddie;125677]It is confirmed that the C- Leader was hit by the Harvey Carrier[/QUOTE]

Cant be good for the guys on the Carrier, they’ve hit the CR Luigs at least once, I think twice in the last couple months

how the hell did they hit the luigs? dp go out? mate not watching the console? ive worked on TO rigs and they were paranoid about boats coming in close and I know at least one of the DPO’s on the luigs and he is as good as they come. Would like to hear how that happened.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;125690]You may be surprised at how many are marginal boat handlers. I worked on several boats in the pumpkin patch in my day and most of the guys were truly scared to death. Normally each boat has one really good boat driver, that doesn’t mean he is on watch when it comes in to the dock.[/QUOTE]

I have met some guys so far that do really scare me when they are running the boat, Ive walked up before watch to get a soda out of the fridge only to get to the top of the stairs, look around, and walk right back downstairs. I don’t need to be a witness to someone elses fuck up.

Morty Bouchard would fire their ass.

[QUOTE=Third Coast;125710]how the hell did they hit the luigs? dp go out? mate not watching the console? ive worked on TO rigs and they were paranoid about boats coming in close and I know at least one of the DPO’s on the luigs and he is as good as they come. Would like to hear how that happened.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as a I work for a competitor for the same client, they weren’t exactly talkative about it. The guys are the shore base shared some facts, but considering they cant tell one of their crew boats doesn’t have DP (when they said that’s why it was hired over an identical boat that had been with the client for 10 plus years), Im not one to trust their rumors of systems errors and the blue screen of death if you catch my drift.

We are having safety standown fleet wide …heard it was head on collision. anyone have further details?