Work schedule survey for GoM operators

let’s answer this once and for all so there is no more ambiguity about who is still 28/14 and who is now 28/28 in the GoM?

ECO?
HGIM?
HOS?
OCLLC?
SEACOR?
Gulfmark?
Tidewater?
Odyssea?
Bordelon?
Jackson?
Adriatic?
Aries?
GOL?
C&G?
Oceaneering?

plus any others I did not list but which should be added here… also let’s add to this who compensates for travel to and from for crewchange?

it has been many years since I last worked in the OSV sector so will say that my knowledge is likely now out of date so I for one would love to know who is even time and who isn’t? I do know one fella who was with ECO for a couple of years recently who left to go to ENSCO. He was 28/14 the whole time he was there and hated the schedule because he lives in the NE. Can’t blame him one bit for saying AMF to that BS!

ok people…let’s get this road on the show!

Tidewater gulf has 14/14, 28/28, 28/14. From what I hear as long as you can work it out with your relief you can do what you want.
I am with them in so cal and unfortunately they make us stick to a 14/7 here. I don’t know what their schedules are international.
If you do at least a 28 day hitch you get partial travel compensation, and they have carryall runs to and from MSY.

Hornbeck Offshore sets up rentals at MSY for people that fly. There is a travel pay dependent upon your distance from NOLA. I’m not sure what the max is but maybe around $300-$400. Ill edit once I confirm. In most cases if the client screws up your crewchange the change fees will be reimbursed. Schedules offered 14/14, 21/21, 28/28 and 28/14.

Max travel is $375 and is on the pay check that comes after your hitch, so you actually get it for every hitch. If the client messes up travel HOS gets your change fees and if you are already in NOLA gets your hotel room. No arguments, no bitching.

ECO is mostly 28/14, you have to horse trade and beg a bit but 28/28 is possible, 14/14 more likely as while they won’t admit it they prefer people who drive. You only get travel pay after 28 days if work. When I left travel was $350 for 28 days

I have several friends at seacor that work 28/28

ECO in Brazil is either even time or 2 for 1, 28/28 or 56/28, it all depends on which vessel you are on or what is worked out between the crews. When I left the gulf in 2010, a few of the guys were working 14/14.

c.capt, will you edit your OP as the info comes in? That way it will be right up there on top and easy to read.

L&M Botruc is mostly 28/14 with a small handful of 14/14 vessels
As stated above, HOS is 21/21, 28/28 or 28/14, but there are only 2 vessels that work 28/14 so I’m told by the office.

Maybe 2 vessels where the entire crew works 28/14. On my vessel the Captain, mates, QMED, and one engineer work 28/28. The Chief, his relief, and the ABs all work 28/14.

That is still the case. That is the maximum and can go down to $50 depending on how many miles to ECO.

GulfMark: varies between boats. Most deckhands are 28/14 but some work out even time. Most officers are 28/28 although many are 28/14 out of choice. They will start you off at 28/14 unless you request even time or are lucky or end up on the right boat. No compensation for travel unless crew change is late. Then $400 if you have to change flights. Office near the airport with PU there or the Days Inn (hotel of choice). If you drive, there is a secure (fenced parking lot near the office) you can leave your vehicle.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;143810]c.capt, will you edit your OP as the info comes in? That way it will be right up there on top and easy to read.[/QUOTE]

won’t be able to keep posting it in the original post as it will eventually become closed to editing so will update as we progress.

here is what we have so far:

ECO…still mostly 28/14 in GoM but possible to get 28/28 or 14/14 in time (I wouldn’t hold my breath tho). Compensation for travel based on distance from home to NoLa.
HOS… most rotations offered 28/28, 14/14, 28/14. Compensation for travel based on distance from home to NoLa.
Gulfmark…most rotations available but no travel compensation
Tidewater…same as HOS it appears (I am shocked!)

ok, still need:

HGIM?
OCLLC?
SEACOR?
Odyssea?
Bordelon?
Jackson?
Adriatic?
Aries?
GOL?
C&G?
Oceaneering?

Odyssea is mostly 28/14. However some of the officers do have 14/14 or a 28/28. All depends on what boat and crew. Travel to and from the office is paid for officers only. If oil company screws up crew change flight changes are covered in travel expenses.

At ECO it isn’t just possible in time, I have a friend that got 28/28 right off the bat. However they seemed to want him and they agreed to it before he even flew down. Then at the interview when they mentioned 28/14 he told them he would walk.

Bottom line, there are no rules or guidelines to even time at ECO.

I just got offered even time, small company, won’t name it here, but I’ll check it out and see if they follow through. Will keep my current job, which I don’t have to return to for several months anyway. If it works out sounds like a nice gig.

Seacor- Officers are mostly even time. Mostly 28/28, some 14/14 and maybe 28/14 if you want it. Travel is $.56 a mile if you drive or they pay your flight and get you a hotel room when needed, constant airport runs throughout the day. You submit you expense report every 28 days and they mail you a check. Officers only get travel and must work 28 days to get travel. Also if you work 28 days you only get paid in full day increments. Deck is mostly 28/14, no travel but get the same 28 day full day deal.

C&G- All even time for officers mixed for deck crew. No travel and dont eve pick up at the airport.

Must be just the work boat (special) officers getting travel pay.

Seatran Marine:
(Comprised of Iberia Marine, Texas Crewboats, and Comar)

All 28/14
No travel compensation
Crew change out of Amelia, LA.

here is what we have so far:

ECO…still mostly 28/14 in GoM but possible to get 28/28 or 14/14 in time (I wouldn’t hold my breath tho). Compensation for travel based on distance from home to NoLa.
HOS… most rotations offered 28/28, 14/14, 28/14. Compensation for travel based on distance from home to NoLa.
Gulfmark…most rotations available but no travel compensation
Tidewater…same as HOS (I am shocked!)
SEACOR…officers 28/28, unlicensed 28/14 with what appears to be pretty good travel reimbursement
Odyssea…mostly 28/14 but some even time with tepid travel reimbursement
C&G…officers even time travel fuggetaboutit

ok, still need:

HGIM?
OCLLC?
Odyssea?
Bordelon?
Jackson?
Adriatic?
Aries?
GOL?
Oceaneering?

come on people…I need data!

Just to clarify Odyssea ’ s travel reimbursement, it is $.56/mile from home to office or the cost of the ticket from the nearest airport to mariner’s home to MSY. Company does pick up from airport/airport hotel. Pay is in half-day increments, and it appears a mid- or late-morning arrival at the office gets you the entire day.

Laborde supply boat deck officers are almost exclusively 14-14. Have been since the company opened its doors. There is one of the older supply boats that the officers work 28-14. That is their choice. Engineers, for the most part work 28-14. There are exceptions. Once again, that is their choice. Ratings almost always work 28-14. There are a few exceptions, but they have to get someone to work opposite and make sure that the entire crew rotation works out. The crew boats, I admit I don’t know much about, but I do know that there are even time boats, but 14-7 and 28-14 are in the majority. They do provide travel to and from the airport, but it’s hard for a small company, and they try to get a local guy to swing by to make a pick up on his way to work. They don’t pay travel, but will reimburse for change fees if it’s the clients screw up.