Where are US mariners finding work right now?

Things have slowed quite a bit with the drop in crude oil prices, a few of my friends lost work in the oil patch, and it seems to have a domino effect on the rest of the industry. I am currently looking for work. It seems like a handful of tug companies are looking for mates, but as far as deep sea shipping it seems pretty slow. I have a Third Mate license, my friends working for MMP seems to be struggling to find jobs. I don’t know anyone who works for AMO, and would like to know what the job outlook is like there right now. I do not have a PIC DL endorsement. I was also looking at some foreign flag companies, not sure if they would hire US citizens. I looked at several different private companies, and it looks like they aren’t hiring right now. Any insight would be appreciated, especially behind the doors of AMO.

You may want to think about Walmart.

[QUOTE=americanman;166164] Any insight would be appreciated, especially behind the doors of AMO.[/QUOTE]

I am in AMO. I have a steady job but check the jobs board regularly. It seems like things are a little slow.