Where are the 100 ft Crew Boat Captains?

Anyone know of an experienced 100 ton Captain with 3 or more issues that runs triple screw Detroit 100 ft oilfield crew boats?

Seems like many may have retired or moved on to bigger or better things…

100 tons or 100 feet? There is the possibility of a big difference!

I think the young 100 ton guys moved on and up if they could. The old guys hit the beach to grow tomatoes and drive their wives crazy.

The guys in the middle are still there, hoping it lasts until they can hit the beach to grow tomatoes and drive their wives crazy.

Just my observation.

Nemo

I would think more of the guys in the middle with 100 ft. experience might want work but I guess many just move on when things slow down like in the mid 80’s.

Maybe the wives will get tired of them after a while…I could use some help.

I’ve got my 100ton,GREAT LAKES AND INLAND WATERS W/COMMERCIAL ASSISTANCE TOWING, AB-UNL,WIPER,SD(FD).///COMMERICIAL SALVAGE DIVER,MACHINIST, WELDER, FABRICATOR.///LOOKING FOR $$$$$$- GOT PASSPORT,TWIC,MMD, WILL TRAVEL.// CALL ME—
24-7----NO B.S.!!! —734-546-2628 - KEVIN.

Hi, I just joined this site. I have a 1600 Oceans and I am looking for work.I have an Excellent employment history, just leaving the fishing industry in AK (looking for a real job!)
Anyone know of a decent company hiring, I would sure appreciate a heads up.
Thanks Mike
508 274 5175

There are a few of them still around. The company I work for has both old 80’s vintage 100 footers and new 162’ Caterpillar boats. It’s interesting that while the office likes to use the old boats for breaking in new captains, there are a number of old timers who like to stay on the equipment that they know the best. Also, not having to run 200 miles offshore might have something to do with it.

Dear Sir, are you still looking for an experienced Crewboat captain, with detroit engines triple or twin screw propulsion? Pls e-mail me anyway, I’m available now… Thanks.

Deleted by User

[quote=Gulf Sailor;11363]I would think more of the guys in the middle with 100 ft. experience might want work but I guess many just move on when things slow down like in the mid 80’s.

Maybe the wives will get tired of them after a while…I could use some help.[/quote]
You might just get the help you are looking for from the many 100 ton or 100 ft Captains that are out of work or even higher licensed Captains that are out of work if you would post your contact information. Or is this just a rant?

I’m going with a rant, the post is 11 months old after all…

Thanks Shellback, I never even noticed the original post date…:eek::smiley:

No problem Steve, my Captain told me a good Mate pays attention to details…I was just practicing…:smiley:

[QUOTE=Gulf Sailor;11356]Anyone know of an experienced 100 ton Captain with 3 or more issues that runs triple screw Detroit 100 ft oilfield crew boats?

Seems like many may have retired or moved on to bigger or better things…[/QUOTE]
I’ve run crewboats for 23-yrs. Been a captain for 37-yrs.
I take it you are referring to V1271TI’s What hull? Breaux,Camcraft,Sewart,Progressive,Swift.

Who knows, this post is 6 years old.

[QUOTE=Gulf Sailor;11356]Anyone know of an experienced 100 ton Captain with 3 or more issues that runs triple screw Detroit 100 ft oilfield crew boats?

Seems like many may have retired or moved on to bigger or better things…[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I could be of service. I hold a 100T master and have numerous issues. Obeisity, alcoholism, marital problems, the list goes on. Really, I can’t understand why it would be hard to find mariners with issues, we’ve all got a few.

You people realize this is old as phuck? Look at the dates on the original post… 2010!!

it’s a philandering phucking pharce !

Idk if I’m to dumb, or to smart but I have NO idea what in the fuck that is!!

[QUOTE=HawsePiper;167597]Perhaps I could be of service. I hold a 100T master and have numerous issues. Obeisity, alcoholism, marital problems, the list goes on. Really, I can’t understand why it would be hard to find mariners with issues, we’ve all got a few.[/QUOTE]

That was a great play on words, HawsePiper! :smiley: