What is your luxury item at sea?

I have a Sony A7R (the original along with a metabones adapter and access to my wife’s canon L glass) and an aom-D EM1ii… but I’d give it all up for a D850 and my choice of 3 peices of glass… and a backpack with a reinforced strap. That Camera is a beast and the D7200 is a fine camera.

1 Like

I’m definitely happy with the 7200, but an 850 and two lenses of my choice would make me weak in the knees. For a bag I either use my Topo Designs three day briefcase with an insert for the camera or my LL Bean kletter sack with the same insert. I keep all my
Gear on molle panels or in organizers so I can swap bags depending on the day.

1 Like

Yep! All of my stuff is modular. Third party inserts inside Goruck.com bags.

1 Like

Your wife has excellent taste. I shoot a canon 1ds (first gen) with an assortment of L series lenses. All of it evidence of my lack of interest in investing for retirement before I got married and had kids, LOL. Can’t bring myself to upgrade to mirrorless from my battle hardened war correspondent level canon. You could bludgeon with it, it weighs so much and the noise the shutter and mirror make are just awesome. The f2.8 glass produces some really nice bokeh but my f1.4 35mm prime shoots in any light condition and the after end is as big as a silver dollar. Worth it

I didn’t think it would last as long as my 7d did, the olympus looks like a toy next to it… but I don’t treat my cameras nice and, so far, the weatherproof seals have survived multiple breif salt submersions, one complete mid submersion, bilge oil and, just last week, an overnight timelapse in a snow storm and -15 degree temperatures. So far, no complaints.

Maybe, ot maybe she has a hisband who buys her nice presents :wink:

Actually, I got into photography because I had already spent an inordinate amount of time researching lenses over the years, I had goven up on trying to get her interested in my hobbies and I was frustrated having to stop for her to get a shot everywhere we went. But now she’s the one who has to wait because I bring a tripod with panohead and lots of gear woth me… all of which gakes time to set up on location :slight_smile:

The goruck bags are nice, like the topo designs stuff I’m glad to see made in the us.

1 Like

Without a doubt, custom insoles. Good ones cost $100. After walking 5000 steps per day, minimum, there is no other item that I could I possibly put over these.

3 Likes

yea, good deck shoes… i’ve been using Mason… they don’t slip! … on anything!! and they ‘fixed’ my feet issues.

So true, plus good socks. Lately this chief is never without his Wigwams (oopps can you say that?). Yeah some it looks like for hipsters but they have a very wide range of types very good for work as I experience it. Made in USA.