What are your favorite onboard meals?

I have to agree about the last one before getting off. You can serve me bootleather with mustard and I am happy knowing my next meal will be a liquid one

braised short ribs with mashed potatoes

A good gumbo will get my respect. Also, fresh coffee. Keep the fridge stocked with yogurt and sandwich fixings and I am generally content.

We are catching crabs (not that kind) alongside here in Oregon and they have turned up in a few dishes.

Airport beer is the best beer EVAH.

When I was @ Express before the layoff we always did Prime Rib or Beef Tenderloin for lunch on c/c day cause we swapped out @ 1700 or so. That was a great way to go home.

Being new to the OSV world, ANYTHING that isn’t fried. Fried is nice, but not every damn day. Going to have to become a vegetarian on my days off.

Hahaha, I hear that. I like me some fried food and fast food, but not every meal. Damn Southerners!!

coffee for sure
a deckhand could tell me he forgot to put oil in the mains and I would say, "look man, mistakes happen don’t be so hard on yourself"
forget the coffee and same deckhand hears, “I will kill you and your family and make your dog watch! you are going straight to hell bastard!”

[QUOTE=catherder;117751]A good gumbo will get my respect. Also, fresh coffee. Keep the fridge stocked with yogurt and sandwich fixings and I am generally content.

We are catching crabs (not that kind) alongside here in Oregon and they have turned up in a few dishes.[/QUOTE]

The cook before me set up the overnight trays with cold cuts.

I stocked the vegetable tray just as he had done.
However, I included cold meatloaf and sliced meat leftover from the main meal.
The last crew asked that squares of cold spaghetti (leftover from dinner) for sandwiches be included.
Cookies always disappeared overnight.

What else would you want for the hungries or late watch?

A double Whopper with cheese. Hold the onions.

To be on your boat. Our cook went all out for bkfst and lunch, most likely because we had drillship pax on board. It was cardboard pizza and chicken nuggets for dinner.

BBQ Sundays

It’s called a cookout. Bbq is a piece of meat

I thought BBQ was a flavor of potato chip