What Are The Best Work Gloves?

I am working on scouring the forum archives to find the best products for the new gCaptain Stores but, other than a couple mentions of ATLAS insulated, there are very few posts about work gloves.

So what are your favorite work gloves?

Any type of glove such as these. There are several different brands out there. This type fit like a nitrile glove and you still have enough dexterity to work. You can still thread the smallest nut or bolt. They have a rubber surface for grip and act as an oil barrier. Any of the mechanics style leather/neoprene style gloves work well also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00558V358/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00558V358&linkCode=as2&tag=gstore13-20

1 Like

I like the Mechanix brand. Good dexterity and the men’s small fits me well.

I really like the Atlas Assembly Gloves. They are a lot tougher than they appear in the pictures and the dexterity is great. I used to wear them on deck of factory trawlers in the Bering sea… in the summer.

http://amzn.to/10C8Vay

I like the blue Atlas fleece insulated for the winter, handling lines and general work.

Summer for deckwork cheapo china/Mexico leather/canvas work gloves I almost use as disposable.

For mechanical stuff I like thin dyneema gloves with rubber grip…can’t remember the name but will follow up. My old man usually grabs me a few pairs from work here and there. Can wear nitrile beneath for oily projects.

http://www.tridentsupplyllc.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=47095

10 dollar pairs of leather work gloves from home depot, buy a couple pairs and throw away as needed. For the winter I have a set of snow board gloves from EMS that have held up fairly well.

Youngstown Glove Company. Waterproof/insulated. $35 on eBay. Also Henri Lloyd Winter Sailing Gloves (neoprene). $35 at West Marine (special order).

[QUOTE=john;104697]I am working on scouring the forum archives to find the best products for the new gCaptain Stores but, other than a couple mentions of ATLAS insulated, there are very few posts about work gloves.

So what are your favorite work gloves?[/QUOTE]

It is hard to find good work gloves, online especially. However, abatix.com has some good work gloves. Here’s a link to one of their pairs: [“http://www.abatix.com/default.aspx?page=item+detail&itemcode=MAXDLP&catlist=668” MAX hand protection Gloves, Shoulder Leather Double Palm]. I hope you are able to find what you’re looking for!

http://bit.ly/18GCfEQ via eBay. $10, high quality, waterproof.

Wells Lamont - Grain Cowhide Work Gloves - Walmart $8/pr. snug, comfortable fit - flexible - durable - grip area is reinforced.

Premium saddletan grain cowhide full leather glove, with split cowhide palm patch for extra wear and grip. Patented Grips® precurved pattern fits the natural shape of the hand better than traditional leather gloves. Tough, durable, comfortable. One of our best full leather gloves. Improved thread so seams last longer!

IF the conditions are wet, these are the best.
  When the temps drop, buy a size larger than normal and wear a pair of white cotton gloves as a liner, the two combined are amazing in freezing waters. Seattle Marine and Fishing Supply or Amazon.

[B]TYPE[/B]
[B]INFO[/B]
[B]COATING[/B]
[B]LENGTH[/B]
[B]SIZES/COLORS[/B]
[B]RATINGS[/B]

620VINYLOVE[SUP]®[/SUP]

ORANGE LINED 12” DOUBLE DIPPED PVC:The original fisherman’s glove, and still the most popular fishing glove.
Developed in 1981 for the demanding conditions of the Alaska Commercial fishing industry. The ATLAS 620 sports a seamless cotton liner for great fit and the rough finish gives the ATLAS 620 outstanding strength, flexibility and grip.
From the tuna fishery in San Diego California to the King Crab fishery in Alaska, the ATLAS 620 is still the #1 choice by fisherman.

Waterproof PVC, rough grip
12"
S - XXL
Orange
[TABLE]
[TR]
ABRASION

[TD=“align: right”]CUT

TEAR

PUNCTURE

[/TD]
[/TR]

[HR][/HR]

660 OIL RESISTANTVINYLOVE[SUP]®[/SUP]

12” BLUE TRIPLE DIPPED PVC:
Need a tougher, more rugged fishing glove? Want the best? Use what the crab fisherman seen on “The Most Dangerous Catch” use. The BLUE ATLAS 660. These harsh, demanding conditions call for the added 3rd dip of the ATLAS 660. This rugged glove is now the main stay of the crabbing industry. When conditions demand the very best, use the Atlas Vinylove 660!

PVC, rough grip
12"
S - XL
Blue

[/TABLE]

Atlas 370XL Nitrile Tough Assembly Grip 370 Work Gloves

BloodySCakes’ choice.

Tried these, very good gloves.

[QUOTE=seacomber;135483][B]Wells Lamont - Grain Cowhide Work Gloves - Walmart $8/pr. snug, comfortable fit - flexible - durable - grip area is reinforced.[/B]

Premium saddletan grain cowhide full leather glove, with split cowhide palm patch for extra wear and grip. Patented Grips® precurved pattern fits the natural shape of the hand better than traditional leather gloves. Tough, durable, comfortable. One of our best full leather gloves. Improved thread so seams last longer!

IF the conditions are wet, these are the best.
  When the temps drop, buy a size larger than normal and wear a pair of white cotton gloves as a liner, the two combined are amazing in freezing waters. Seattle Marine and Fishing Supply or Amazon.

[B]TYPE[/B]
[B]INFO[/B]
[B]COATING[/B]
[B]LENGTH[/B]
[B]SIZES/COLORS[/B]
[B]RATINGS[/B]

[B]620VINYLOVE[SUP]®[/SUP][/B]

ORANGE LINED 12” DOUBLE DIPPED PVC:The original fisherman’s glove, and still the most popular fishing glove.
Developed in 1981 for the demanding conditions of the Alaska Commercial fishing industry. The ATLAS 620 sports a seamless cotton liner for great fit and the rough finish gives the ATLAS 620 outstanding strength, flexibility and grip.
From the tuna fishery in San Diego California to the King Crab fishery in Alaska, the ATLAS 620 is still the #1 choice by fisherman.
Waterproof PVC, rough grip
12"
S - XXL
Orange
[TABLE]
[TR]
ABRASION

[TD=“align: right”]CUT

TEAR

PUNCTURE

[/TD]
[/TR]

[HR][/HR]

[B]660 OIL RESISTANTVINYLOVE[SUP]®[/SUP][/B]

12” BLUE TRIPLE DIPPED PVC:
Need a tougher, more rugged fishing glove? Want the best? Use what the crab fisherman seen on “The Most Dangerous Catch” use. The BLUE ATLAS 660. These harsh, demanding conditions call for the added 3rd dip of the ATLAS 660. This rugged glove is now the main stay of the crabbing industry. When conditions demand the very best, use the Atlas Vinylove 660!
PVC, rough grip
12"
S - XL
Blue

[/TABLE]
[/QUOTE]
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1907956_10151938849731580_1985817854309536943_n.jpg the gloves, gentlemen, the gloves…

I’m a firefighter. I think this article is useful:

I’m a carpenter. I really like framer work gloves.

For what type of work?

Cleaning a centrifuge?

Welding?

To protect from cold? Heat?

Pulling burners?

Rig use to buy these Soteria Gloves by the container load. Use to be on Amazon for cheap. Haven’t seen them in a while.