West coast jobs?

I’m an AB in the gulf about to go for my 200t mate, was just wondering how I get out of here and find a job in Oregon, Columbia river? SIU? Don’t know, maybe you do?!

Try shaver, tidewater, foss, Harley marine, or sause bros. They all work the Columbia.

Thanks, any idea of what kind of hitches they work? Or the pay scale out there?

Foss Maritime has an ad for a deckhand for Columbia/Snake River Region. Ad has been up for awhile. http://www.foss.com/about_careers_vessels.html

Okay so how does the IBU work, do they hire me or does Foss? Don’t really know anything about that, there are no unions in the Gulf of Mexico

I have no clue as far as the hiring/union part goes someone on here I’m sure does though. I believe its 2weeks on/off down there though. good luck.

[QUOTE=GuLfOfStOnEy;55240]Okay so how does the IBU work, do they hire me or does Foss? Don’t really know anything about that, there are no unions in the Gulf of Mexico[/QUOTE]
Check the IBU’s website. Things will be slowing down in the PNW as winter approaches. If you’re considering a union job in the Gulf/East Coast, the SIU has halls in Jacksonville, Mobile, New Orleans and Houston.

Alright guys thanks for the info, really helped me out.

You can be hired direct by Foss,then you have to join the IBU

Your the man, thanks

I just signed on with IBU in SF this past month. I initially got on the wait list back in July, and was told that it would be about a six month wait to get into the union. So I was pretty stoked when I got the call two months later to go through their orientation classes. While chatting with the other guys in class I learned that some of them had been on the wait list for about a year! From what I hear you can bypass the union and get hired through Foss or Crowley, but the IBU absolutely hates this. Hope this helps.