IBU union

What should I expect from IBU long beach . La harbor. Any info will help or am I just spinning my wheels with them.

One of the better unions in my opinion. I know a lot of folks in there. If you can afford to starve for a while and only get 20 hour months it could pay off in the long run though. From what I’ve heard there either is currently, or will be a lot of construction going on in the harbor so it may be a good time to join. IBU does have some good contracts.

[QUOTE=“Ctony;120656”]One of the better unions in my opinion. I know a lot of folks in there. If you can afford to starve for a while and only get 20 hour months it could pay off in the long run though. From what I’ve heard there either is currently, or will be a lot of construction going on in the harbor so it may be a good time to join. IBU does have some good contracts.[/QUOTE]

Good morn to all im new here I would like to ask how can I get a job as an oiler wth Panamanian oiler endorsement bein a guyanese national wth my twic and c1d visa.my cell number 12843432453 I hv 8yrs sea goin expirence .which im currently on a flag vessel but my vacation will be in November but if I get a better job I will gladly acept my company hv two ro ro but we had one oiler and a chief engineer on each vessel the chief engineer on my vessel resign from this company 6mnths ago but since then they are using one chief engineer on and one oiler which is me to wrk on two boat my salary is 1200$ per month .I came in port yesterday at 630am then im ask to prepare the other boat on the said day to sail for US coast guard inspection .I want to leave now but im seeking a job before I do so

[QUOTE=“kirt;120674”]

Good morn to all im new here I would like to ask how can I get a job as an oiler wth Panamanian oiler endorsement bein a guyanese national wth my twic and c1d visa.my cell number 12843432453 I hv 8yrs sea goin expirence .which im currently on a flag vessel but my vacation will be in November but if I get a better job I will gladly acept my company hv two ro ro but we had one oiler and a chief engineer on each vessel the chief engineer on my vessel resign from this company 6mnths ago but since then they are using one chief engineer on and one oiler which is me to wrk on two boat my salary is 1200$ per month .I came in port yesterday at 630am then im ask to prepare the other boat on the said day to sail for US coast guard inspection .I want to leave now but im seeking a job before I do so[/QUOTE]

Tht would be great I would appreciate tht thanx how can I can get me wrk there

I know what you mean starve iv been with them for 7 month and no call outs yet . Good thing I have my day job. Till then ill stick with them see what happens.

7 months waiting for nothing? What license or endorsement do you have? You applying anywhere else or just hoping for a onion gig?

I hold ab unlimited , stcw, rfpnw, I’m trying to land something on the west coast .