VPDSD do I need to email my Med & drug too?

I’m sending in a company letter with sea service for my VPDSD, is it necessary to send in my medical, drug test, all the other stuff? Just received my RFPNW today, and had sent everything with that 6 weeks ago, everything is within 6 months and I just have problems getting it all in one email as attachments. The medical is the big one, but they do have my info and I have received my medical card from them about 3 months ago. I am thinking to send it in with a note saying I just had a previous app w/medical & drug forms enclosed if necessary please advise.

I will add, the same medical I have sent in the last 5 months for License, BST, & RFPNW were all passed through until the New Orleans REC called me on the third (RFPNW) and said I had left out a blank on the fracture repaired by surgery list, since they called and answered I didn’t say, “well it went through the previous 2 times” like a smart ass I just asked what can we do to fix it, lady said, answer yes or no? Sweet, seems the NOLA REC is giving me some good turn arounds comparatively speaking.

One other question. I checked the box under type of transaction for STCW certificate and also Certificate of Discharge Sea Service, then made a separate note asking them to add the sea service time enclosed to my file.

what say you?

Thanks

[QUOTE=roundabout;139560]I’m sending in a company letter with sea service for my VPDSD, is it necessary to send in my medical, drug test, all the other stuff? Just received my RFPNW today, and had sent everything with that 6 weeks ago, everything is within 6 months and I just have problems getting it all in one email as attachments. The medical is the big one, but they do have my info and I have received my medical card from them about 3 months ago. I am thinking to send it in with a note saying I just had a previous app w/medical & drug forms enclosed if necessary please advise.

I will add, the same medical I have sent in the last 5 months for License, BST, & RFPNW were all passed through until the New Orleans REC called me on the third (RFPNW) and said I had left out a blank on the fracture repaired by surgery list, since they called and answered I didn’t say, “well it went through the previous 2 times” like a smart ass I just asked what can we do to fix it, lady said, answer yes or no? Sweet, seems the NOLA REC is giving me some good turn arounds comparatively speaking.

One other question. I checked the box under type of transaction for STCW certificate and also Certificate of Discharge Sea Service, then made a separate note asking them to add the sea service time enclosed to my file.

what say you?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No. You don’t need to send in another physical and drug test for vpdsd.

But do you have a USCG medical card yet?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139570]No. You don’t need to send in another physical and drug test for vpdsd.

But do you have a USCG medical card yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes I got my medical card about 2 weeks after my book was issued.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139570]No. You don’t need to send in another physical and drug test for vpdsd.

Any thoughts on if they actually add my sea time when I ask them to? Or a way to find out other than the letter asking for it from my file? I did that a couple of months ago and they just sent back all my submitted time with notes by whomever tallied it (rather quickly I might add) and number/hrs like 467/8, a couple of them they had just circled where I had the employer ask for 12 hour and a couple they slashed through the 12 and wrote 8 w/a circle around it. Get’s a little confusing as there are different evaluators doing it a different way. I was mainly trying to see how many days I had on the old standby vessels and while holding a masters ticket to confirm whether I needed a few more days as master to go for 200ton Master in lieu of mate.

I asked them to add the 398 12 hour days when I submitted that letter on a 245 ton vessel for RFPNW, and then with this VPDSD I am adding 969 days on a 58 ton vessel, none of which was while holding a master. I am saving that newly acquired sea service letter while holding a license as master for the application for 200ton master.

I know that some people don’t agree, but these kinds of issues are why its very worthwhile to hire a uscg license consultant to be your advocate.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139582]I know that some people don’t agree, but these kinds of issues are why its very worthwhile to hire a uscg license consultant to be your advocate.[/QUOTE]

I agree at times this is very true, I used Holly Cheta when first starting to get my licensee back. I have had good going with the last 3 apps and that is a $500 savings. I will probably use her again and try to change my letter of approval to test from 200 ton mate to 200ton master. Of course I have copies of these letters of sea service I asked them to add to my file and I guess I will just have to check in a few months to see if they were added via another letter for my file.

thanks Tugs

Tugsailor, I spoke to NMC to confirm no need of medical & drug screen for this app, they replied same as you sir. Also just received email this am that that it has been reviewed and sent on from New Orleans REC to NMC. While I had them on the phone I also inquired as to my question of sea service being put in my file when submitting for RFPNW and VPDSD, lady @ NMC said; “of course, absolutely”.

If you are just looking to add the STCW certs no, no medical needed and you should get the stickers free of charge.

I am now applying for a license (steam) and have a complicated background so I have hired a consultant, for the first time.

In addition, I was never sent my medical card from my last physical so I had to ping the NMC for it. Good thing I work for sad ol’ Uncle Sam who doesn’t seem to care!

You should be able to file online with no worries.

[QUOTE=catherder;140015]If you are just looking to add the STCW certs no, no medical needed and you should get the stickers free of charge.

I am now applying for a license (steam) and have a complicated background so I have hired a consultant, for the first time.

In addition, I was never sent my medical card from my last physical so I had to ping the NMC for it. Good thing I work for sad ol’ Uncle Sam who doesn’t seem to care!

You should be able to file online with no worries.[/QUOTE]

“complicated background” seems we have a common denominator, do tell? Just kidding, good luck to you and keep us posted as to whom your consultant is and how you felt they served your best interest. I will say I have used Holly Chetta and she does get the job done, however it can be like speaking with my ex wife!

[QUOTE=roundabout;140030]“complicated background” seems we have a common denominator, do tell? Just kidding, good luck to you and keep us posted as to whom your consultant is and how you felt they served your best interest. I will say I have used Holly Chetta and she does get the job done, however it can be like speaking with my ex wife![/QUOTE]

I hired Andy Hammond and I need to call him tomorrow or Monday. He has my discharges and some other paperwork and he’s let me know where I stand paperwork-wise. I got my physical today (albeit I had some issues) He seems like a very personable guy. I will let you know how it goes for sure!

Is Holly like your ex-wife? Maybe you just have good luck with women! lol

[QUOTE=catherder;140031]I hired Andy Hammond and I need to call him tomorrow or Monday. He has my discharges and some other paperwork and he’s let me know where I stand paperwork-wise. I got my physical today (albeit I had some issues) He seems like a very personable guy. I will let you know how it goes for sure!

Is Holly like your ex-wife? Maybe you just have good luck with women! lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, the consultant issue is indeed an idea for a new thread. As for Holly, haha, but you can call her on Saturday or Sunday if she doesn’t call you first!

My good luck with women will only have me working until I’m dead!

[QUOTE=roundabout;140038]Thanks for that, the consultant issue is indeed an idea for a new thread. As for Holly, haha, but you can call her on Saturday or Sunday if she doesn’t call you first!

My good luck with women will only have me working until I’m dead![/QUOTE]

I am not big on phone calls myself, but I recon that 350 bucks to have my back should an issue arise is cheap indeed. Andy tried calling me last week, but I was actually trying to relax on my longboard and believe it or not, in spite of gorgeous weather and perfect baby waves, managed to mentally jack myself into a walking cluster-fark that only time can fix- so Andy, if you are reading this, I’ll call you early next week. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to confidence. Anyway, I have faith that he will be a big help to me.

And as you may have already guessed, I am at that age where sexual attraction means zip point shit to me, so I no longer worry about that crap (one of the few things good about getting old!)

I am married (22 yr this time) and you know what the secret to a successful marriage is?

Stay the f out of each other’s way, because the older you get, the nastier the visual (and audio and olfactory).

Old age is not for wimps.

Respect, friendship and love have a lot to do with it.

Decades in the same bed especially putting up with weird careers and eccentricities like ours deserve extra praise.

[QUOTE=catherder;140042]I am not big on phone calls myself, but I recon that 350 bucks to have my back should an issue arise is cheap indeed. Andy tried calling me last week, but I was actually trying to relax on my longboard and believe it or not, in spite of gorgeous weather and perfect baby waves, managed to mentally jack myself into a walking cluster-fark that only time can fix- so Andy, if you are reading this, I’ll call you early next week. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to confidence. Anyway, I have faith that he will be a big help to me.

And as you may have already guessed, I am at that age where sexual attraction means zip point shit to me, so I no longer worry about that crap (one of the few things good about getting old!)

I am married (22 yr this time) and you know what the secret to a successful marriage is?

Stay the f out of each other’s way, because the older you get, the nastier the visual (and audio and olfactory).

Old age is not for wimps.

Respect, friendship and love have a lot to do with it.

Decades in the same bed especially putting up with weird careers and eccentricities like ours deserve extra praise.[/QUOTE]

Damn Cap, you must be older than dirt! Myself only 56 but feel I will still have a hard on when they throw dirt on me! However your sage experience and advice appreciated. Just remember you can do as much damage on the long board as in the fart sack. Glass is always half full Captain. Hope you heal up soon and get 'er done asap!

Me; well, I don’t often drink beer, but when I do, I piss in the closet…

[QUOTE=roundabout;140047]Damn Cap, you must be older than dirt! Myself only 56 but feel I will still have a hard on when they throw dirt on me! However your sage experience and advice appreciated. Just remember you can do as much damage on the long board as in the fart sack. Glass is always half full Captain. Hope you heal up soon and get 'er done asap!

Me; well, I don’t often drink beer, but when I do, I piss in the closet…[/QUOTE]

Oh lawd I turn 54 on July 3, so drink a big one for me. Sometimes I feel much older but I sail with a lot of 20 somthings and even a few teens. I have kids older than that.

Don’t piss in the closet- you might give the cat the same idea.

[QUOTE=catherder;140048]Oh lawd I turn 54 on July 3, so drink a big one for me. Sometimes I feel much older but I sail with a lot of 20 somthings and even a few teens. I have kids older than that.

Don’t piss in the closet- you might give the cat the same idea.[/QUOTE]

my last two stews from Vancouver of 24 years young I loved sailing with! The two old Kiwi girls of 30 they replaced were fun too!

I just punted the cat! Good to be home again.

[QUOTE=roundabout;140051]my last two stews from Vancouver of 24 years young I loved sailing with! The two old Kiwi girls of 30 they replaced were fun too!

I just punted the cat! Good to be home again.[/QUOTE]

Home is always good. Too much home screws me up. Time for me to head out again! lol

My other half appreciates the “Me” time.

ha ha

[QUOTE=catherder;140052]Home is always good. Too much home screws me up. Time for me to head out again! lol

My other half appreciates the “Me” time.

ha ha[/QUOTE]

I bet she does!

[QUOTE=roundabout;140054]I bet she does![/QUOTE]

She? No hon, I’m married to a guy. I don’t care what the bartender told you.

[QUOTE=catherder;140057]She? No hon, I’m married to a guy. I don’t care what the bartender told you.[/QUOTE]

I needed that, thanks! THAT’S WHAT YOU MEANT BY LONG BOARD