Vintage Marine Hardware Yard Sale TODAY--Red Hook

what treasures of no real value!

I recently stumbled upon a yard in Tacoma that has enough heavy marine iron to build a breakbulk cargo vessel just sitting without any real possibility of reuse. Winches, anchors, chain, blocks, pumps, engines, rigging, all sitting there for years looking to go back to work but it will never happen.

Heavy industry is no more in the USA. Nobody wants or has a use for any of this wonderful junk other than to just melt it down for scrap! So sad…

"Great deco items for the home, loft, or restaurant."
What a bitch it would be to lug a bollard or pelican hook into your home. I’m sure the dry wall would give out the second you try to attach a chain hoist.

I like the old stove!

[QUOTE=CETOOT70;141448]I like the old stove![/QUOTE]

I saw it first!

That pot-bellied stove is really cute. Have at it gents, I am on the other coast till Sept.

Im right here in NY, I would have the Cap run right up the dock , but cant get away from this barge atm.

[QUOTE=MandolinGuy;141445]"Great deco items for the home, loft, or restaurant."
What a bitch it would be to lug a bollard or pelican hook into your home. I’m sure the dry wall would give out the second you try to attach a chain hoist.[/QUOTE]

Imagine tripping over a bollard in the middle of the night on the way to the hea- uh, bathroom.

I’d love a bollard for the lawn. Maybe throw a tie up line around it with a few hatchet knots too.

Had I know about this more I’m advance I may have checked it out. Any good scores?

I want one for either side of the driveway, and maybe one to use for the tugboat version of horseshoes in the backyard

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;141479]I want one for either side of the driveway, and maybe one to use for the tugboat version of horseshoes in the backyard[/QUOTE]

Oh THAT would be fun on a snowy day now wouldn’t it? Backing out of the driveway suddenly becomes much more challenging.

When the part time looser that plows the street for the town for 60/hour, who loves taking out mailboxes, hits that thing…he just might fucking know it!

I’m with C.Captain on this one: it saddens me that this stuff can only be used for living room decorations. Where I’m from in Philadelphia, Urban Outfitters has gone through and spruced up the old navy yard. It looks good, at least it looks better than most of the other rotting factory carcasses in the city. Those buildings use to be the workhorses of financiers, engineers, welders, crane operators, and all kinds of technicians who were all well paid. Now it’s just a couple of artists and a coffee shop. So sad. I really wish America would wake up to how it is being gutted.

[QUOTE=TrainMan;141484] I really wish America would wake up to how it is being gutted.[/QUOTE]

Nobody gives a shit. They are too busy watching Dancing With the Stars.

If you buy an old bollard or two, remember to install them correctly. This is what happened when the city decided to re-install old bollards that had previously been removed from a harbor that has since been turned into a residental area:

They said it’s impossible to turn them now.

That’s too funny!