Photos of old US built OSVs

Would like to share a few photos of old American built OSVs. I have a pretty good collection. Let me know if you have a request and i’ll gladly post if i have it. anyone willing to share their old photos would be greatly appreciated.

regards[ATTACH]2471[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2475[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2477[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2476[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2472[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2473[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2474[/ATTACH]

more[ATTACH]2478[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2479[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2480[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2481[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2482[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2483[/ATTACH]

Mais yeah dere dude dats some fancy boats!

Great Pictures, State Brigade is where it all started for me back in 1983

CaptDag have any pictures of the State Victory?

Sure do. here ya go…[ATTACH]2489[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2490[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2491[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2492[/ATTACH]

Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures!

I have some old pics of the Offshore Logistics " Jeb Stuart" " Jamie G" and “Valiant” from the early/mid 80’s. Plus a pic of Point Dover from Point Marine. Need to find them and post

Doodlebug,I would love a photo of the Valiant if possible. I remember those vessels from my childhood. i saw the “Valiant” and the “Heritage” just out of the builders yard. they were pretty impressive for their time.
I’ll be looking forward to your photos if you find them. thanks

CaptainDag,Do you have any pictures of Clipper Fleet or Command Marine vessels? Also Offshore Express or Point Marine? Thanks.

Ex clipper fleet vessels[ATTACH]2505[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2506[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2507[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2508[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2509[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2510[/ATTACH]

Command vessels:
ex TASMANIAN COMMAND- Seacor Ospry
ex ALEUTIAN COMMAND- Seabulk Hawaii
[ATTACH]2511[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2512[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2513[/ATTACH]

express vessels
[ATTACH]2514[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2515[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2516[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2517[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=CaptDag;84250]Command vessels:
ex TASMANIAN COMMAND
ex ALEUTIAN COMMAND
[ATTACH]2511[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2512[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2513[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I’ve destroyed many brain cells since I worked for Jim Mello but I beleive the Aleutian command had the stacks aft.
I also worked with their SES program with Bell-Textron-Halter. After the B100 came the SPEED COMMAND. Then the SPRINT, SWIFT and STRIDE. A challenging job. I was the “old man” at 32 years then. When things slowed down in the mid '80s, The SES boats were sold to the navy and the CG operated them.

I couldn’t find anything on line but on further thought, that may have been the Alaskan Command I was thinking of. Most of the vessels had the 4 cyl Wichmann engines. One had the 5 cyl and another had a smaller series engine.
The SES boats had the French made SACM engines until they were sold. They were replaced with “battle ready” 16-149s.

Here is a shot of the GULF FLEET NO. 49 in Cameron back in the summer of 1984.

scan0008 by cmakin, on Flickr

Dag…your collection is awesome! You ever think of writing a book on the development of the GoM seagoing pick’em up truck?

Btw, anybody seen that extremely old Turdwater boat around the Gulf these days? I am not sure its present name but it was owned by a company named Hargett Marine and used for survey work.

It is so old it should be preserved as a museum piece!

CaptainDag, Thanks for all of the pictures. I worked on the Clipper Flying Cloud way back in the early 80’s. It seems like a thousand years ago.

[QUOTE=c.captain;84300]Dag…your collection is awesome! You ever think of writing a book on the development of the GoM seagoing pick’em up truck?

Btw, anybody seen that extremely old Turdwater boat around the Gulf these days? I am not sure its present name but it was owned by a company named Hargett Marine and used for survey work.

It is so old it should be preserved as a museum piece![/QUOTE]

I think it may be called the Farrel. She is in Amelia

I would love to post more photos but Keep getting message “you have met your quota”???
any suggestions???

thanks