TV Casting Question - Looking for you Divers!

[QUOTE=rshrew;102080]I would think I was at the North Pole visiting that Santa character Jk.[/QUOTE]

Sit on Papa’s lap my young man ~

Ok but I want a bottle of the bourbon :wink:

Few tugs that I deal with have a pair of 6-71’s for gensets, conveniently located under the mate and engineers room. Once before a major shipyard I asked the port engineer why the hell they don’t just put them on rubber, cut out 6’ of exhaust to mount flex couplers and be done with it? Figure an extra…hour of sleep… a week…would be worth it since they are ripping the goddamn things out anyways. His response…Well basically they don’t make rubber that can take that kind of beating, unless you like exhaust leaks, or more accurately tolerate fuel and water leaking all over them.

IF THEY AIN’T LEAKIN, THEY AIN’T RUNNIN. Don’t they say that if you hang a picture of one on a wall you’ll soon have oil dripping from it?

Telling y’all it would make great tv…history channel…DETROIT WARS! How many gallons of lube today! How many main bearings! Rut-roh someone dropped a valve!

[QUOTE=rshrew;102087]Ok but I want a bottle of the bourbon ;)[/QUOTE]

I got lots of pockets, I’ll slip ya one, but if you toss your cookies - well - Papa can get un-Papa in a New York second.

[QUOTE=c.captain;102070]even wearing hearing protection, when I am close to a 149 series DD running at 1800rpm I can feel my fillings vibrate and my jawbone aches!

I HATE THOSE EMMEFFING MISERABLE ENGINES! THEY ARE THE WORK OF THE DEVIL![/QUOTE]

I always wondered how many horsepower those things wasted just producing noise. Years ago I did a relief job on a dredge that used 16V149s to drive a trailing suction pump on each side. When working, the noise produced was enough to liquify a hard bottom all by itself, no pump needed. Gawd, I hated those damn things and dreaded having to walk up forward to check them. If anyone wanted to add a soundtrack to a video of the gates of Hell they could record a pair of those abominations at full load.

My people will get in touch with your people. ciao baby.

[QUOTE=Steamer;102111]I always wondered how many horsepower those things wasted just producing noise. Years ago I did a relief job on a dredge that used 16V149s to drive a trailing suction pump on each side. When working, the noise produced was enough to liquify a hard bottom all by itself, no pump needed. Gawd, I hated those damn things and dreaded having to walk up forward to check them. If anyone wanted to add a soundtrack to a video of the gates of Hell they could record a pair of those abominations at full load.[/QUOTE]

The miserable POS EPIC DIVER had four of them in an after generator room to power the thrusters and being that the vessel had NO power management system, in order to maintain DP2, all four had to run all the time at full rpm even with no thruster loads. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE NOISE BACK THERE! And the oil and the fumes and did I forget to mention the NOISE?

SIMPLY THE LOWEST LEVEL OF HADES IMAGINABLE!

I hope the catering truck on set has lots of smack or blow. I’m gonna need it to “get into character”, I’m a METHod actor.

[QUOTE=c.captain;102070]even wearing hearing protection, when I am close to a 149 series DD running at 1800rpm I can feel my fillings vibrate and my jawbone aches!

I HATE THOSE EMMEFFING MISERABLE ENGINES! THEY ARE THE WORK OF THE DEVIL![/QUOTE]

Here you go, my friend. . . .

TURN IT UP!!!

[QUOTE=cmakin;102140]Here you go, my friend. . . .

TURN IT UP!!![/QUOTE]

here’s bakachya

//youtu.be/9I9k9rHB4EA

YEAH! That’s what I’m talkin about!

Just put it back together with some red hand and put a few gallons of oil back in it, it’ll be alright.

I believe these are from the old HOS Shutout. I bet she was the queen of the fleet in 1979.

[QUOTE=c.captain;102143]here’s bakachya

//youtu.be/9I9k9rHB4EA

YEAH! That’s what I’m talkin about![/QUOTE]

Love it. I do believe that the bottom end has gone a bit adrift. . . . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;102450]Love it. I do believe that the bottom end has gone a bit adrift. . . . .[/QUOTE]

am I correct that is an EFFING Detroit?

Carnivore Cruise Lines emergency gen… “Whaddya mean, you need parts to fix it?”

Does anyone realize that Bill Hicks has been dead for 20 years last month? Christ I miss him.

[QUOTE=catherder;103371]Does anyone realize that Bill Hicks has been dead for 20 years last month? Christ I miss him.[/QUOTE]

and alas, you realize that John Belushi had been gone for almost 31?

farewell dear John/Bluto/Jake/Samurai/Captain

Samurai Delicatessen, Samurai Big Man On Campus… Imagine if there had been a Samurai Ship Captain?

Oh most defiantly. That whole fishery is good. I’d like to get few cameras on some skippers in the 20000 club. Living legends.