Tugs to OSV

Tug Capt with 200 ton lic looking to switch to OSV, what companies have the best pay and benefits

Oh look…it’s this thread again…

I have an idea…

Try the SEARCH feature.

And end your sentence with the proper punctuation.

C&G is really good. GOL has some good boats as well.

[QUOTE=“tarponhunter;123666”]Tug Capt with 200 ton lic looking to switch to OSV, what companies have the best pay and benefits[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that license and grammar.

You are going to need at least a 500 NC with all the bells and whistles to get you foot in the door. Taking DP basic wont hurt either.

There are plenty of small operators looking for 100 ton captains. Crew/utility. 200 ton, not so much. Seriously, use the search function, or Google. Good luck.

Tidewater is really the only way to go from what I understand.

Absolutely… Top notch company from all I have heard/read.

I just saw a picture of two of their new builds rafted together in the GOM heading to Texas.

Well my license and grammar been getting it done for 28 years now, and the $645 a day I make has put more than enough food on my table. Thought I would get more intelligent feedback, guess I was wrong. Thanks to those who posted something real.

To make more than that in the GOM running a supply boat you will need a bigger license. That’s all they were trying to say. The boats out here are all 100ton or old 300ton or newer 1600ton and some larger not many… The few boats that need 200ton licenses don’t pay what you’re making now. I am sure someone can find an exception to the rule but for the most part that’s the base line.

Just my 2c

With that kind of money, you may want to stay put…

The same less than intelligent question that has been asked and discussed ad nauseam, warrants the kind of responses you have received. It is not terribly difficult to 1. either ask a more specific question or 2. use the search function to find the answers to your generic question.

Honestly though with that day rate and your current license I would stay where you are at, unless you really want to work OSVs or want to leave for some other reason. You would most likely have to go backwards on your day rate if you wanted to work OSVs and upgrade your license to make that rate.

[QUOTE=“tarponhunter;123683”]Well my license and grammar been getting it done for 28 years now, and the $645 a day I make has put more than enough food on my table. Thought I would get more intelligent feedback, guess I was wrong. Thanks to those who posted something real.[/QUOTE]

Again,
Grammar grammmar grammar. Also if you are making $675 on a 200 ton you better stay where you are at. Down here are big fish in a big big pond.

The irony.

[QUOTE=“desertrat85;123740”]The irony.[/QUOTE]

Hate a smart phone!

200 ton buys you a 3rd’s spot on a Crewboat and bag of chips in the GOM with the added bonus of bringing in about half of what your making.

Go to school and take the test and buy yourself another 1400 tons, but you’ll still most likely have to take a pay cut until you can get your DP license.