Hello everyone, I am a first time poster on this site all though i check the forum quite often. anyway i have a few questions and was hoping for a little insight from you guys. i have been a tugboater up in Alaska for close to 15 years and i have been in the wheelhouse for 12. I hold a master of near coastal license with a 500 ton near coastal also have a A/B special. I have worked for the same company my whole career. Through the grapevine I have heard there is a lot of work down in the gulf on supply vessels.I love where I work and could work there forever but there is only one problem and that is we have no set schedule and it is really feast or famine! My quality of life is really lacking… I have a few questions that hopefully could be answered because i really have no clue on this part of our industry.
- Is there a demand for licensed people ( im looking for a mate job). And is my license big enough?
- Do i need the OSV 3000 endorsement?
- Could someone give me a vague amount on the money aspect?
- What would be the best companies to inquire about?
- Do most companies have a set schedule? and do they pay for your travel?
Anyway thanks for any responses and if you have any other info it would be greatly appreciated