TUG BOAT WANTED..Help take an old girl home

We are now the proud owners of the 350 foot SS KEEWATIN, built in 1907 Goven Scotland and sailed as a passenger/frieght liner on the Great Lakes for Canadian Pacific Railways from 1907 to 1965. She was sold to a Marina Operator on Michigan in 1967 and became a floating Museum. We have now purchased her and want to move her back to Port McNicholl Canada, her home port for 60 years. We need a tug boat operator to do this job who has licensing for both US and Canada and insurance. A proven track record is also a must. She has been surveyed andcertified fit to travel. [email]ericconroy@sskeewatin.com[/EMAIL]

Yellow pages? Google?

There are tug companies on the lakes. Make some phone calls. You want to talk to the company, not the operator…

I’m not sure but I believe the phrase “old girl” indicates they are looking for a volunteer? Someone looking for the glory of running a tug built in 1907.

K.C.

I guess I didn’t read it carefully, it not a tug.

I think they want a free tow for publicity. From US to CA

Beggars can’t be choosers.

They want: “…a tug boat operator to do this job who has licensing for both US and Canada and insurance. A proven track record is also a must. She has been surveyed and certified fit to travel.”

This outfit has some VERY deep pockets.
They are paying over a million $ to dredge a channel to get her out of her present port in Douglas,MI on Lake Kalamazoo.

[B]Sign me up for cook.[/B]

Quite right. We can take charity because the ship will be eventually owned by a “not for profit” agency, but that is not the intention…We want the best and most experienced to move her.