Trump"s stance on the jones act, friend or foe?

looked all over the intro-net but cant find how trump stands on the jones act. has anyone read anything on this.donald hasn’t been in the diner lately. thanks

Does anyone seriously intend to vote for Trump? I thought he was the comical relief of the election campaign.

[QUOTE=newman;166221]looked all over the intro-net but cant find how trump stands on the Jones Act. has anyone read anything on this.donald hasn’t been in the diner lately. thanks[/QUOTE]

With a campaign slogan like “Make America Great Again” and Trump’s stances on jobs, business, and immigration, its hard to imagine that he would be opposed to the Jones Act.

People are laughing at Trump just like they laughed at Ronald Reagan (he was just “a bad actor who co-starred with a monkey”). This election may be full of surprises.

Trump is Pro-American, would be for the Jones Act, unlike McCain, is my understanding of him. Fox News is taking questions now for the candidates to be sorted and possibly used in the first debate. Go to the Fox News’ Facebook page.

Trump has the power to put Hillary in the White House… And he knows it. That’s why the GOP is not clubbing him out of the race… He has the cash to run a Ross Perot like independent campaign which would likely split the conservative vote and pave the way for Hillary. And he’s enough of a show boater limelight lover to do just that… He was a major donor to her NY Senate campaign after all… Who knows what his stance on the Jones Act is- all these politicians suck up to Wall Street, and they would sell the merchant mariner down the river in a New York minute if there was a 2 cent profit to be had…

[QUOTE=fishyluke;166235]Trump has the power to put Hillary in the White House… And he knows it. That’s why the GOP is not clubbing him out of the race… He has the cash to run a Ross Perot like independent campaign which would likely split the conservative vote and pave the way for Hillary. And he’s enough of a show boater limelight lover to do just that… He was a major donor to her NY Senate campaign after all…[/QUOTE]

Trump like all major businessmen hedges his bets and donates money to candidates from both sides. They want access to whoever gets elected and a politician that is beholden to them (and who will beg for more money) no matter which side wins.

The Republican party is in a pickle. Trump is forthrightly telling too many inconvenient truths and being far too politically incorrect. That is what many people either like or hate about him. He makes all his comments off the cuff without a teleprompter or prepared remarks. So inevitably he is going to misspeak frequently, and say things that are easy for the liberal media to deliberately misinterpret or read too much into. He is grabbing the media spotlight and overwhelming some of the best Republican candidates. Republican candidates that take Trump on are going to get crushed. The Republican party is disrespecting Trump, which they really cannot afford to do. If they keep it up, he is apt to become a third party candidate (ala Ross Perot or Ralph Nader) who will get the Democratic candidate elected.

The Republican candidates always shoot themselves in both feet by pandering to religious conservatives on gay marriage, contraception, and abortion (things that a President has no power to do anything about, and do not belong as issues in a Presidential race). The vast majority of women are not going to vote for any old white man that wants to control their bodies. Young people and the vast majority of minorities are not going to vote for them either. Hence, most Republican candidates defeat themselves immediately. Trump is different.

Hillary is old news and the last thing we need is Bill and Hillary back in the Whitehouse for eight more years of scandles and expanded welfare programs. I’ve never taken Bernie Sanders seriously (and I’ve talked to him in person), but he is making more sense now than ever before. Elizabeth Warren is very smart and understands exactly how Wall Street is screwing us. I sure hope that the Democrats put forth a better candidate than Hillary.

Republicans hate Warren. Granted those that do probably wouldn’t vote for any Dem candidate.

Tugs you’ve said what I’ve been thinking and saying for a while. I like Trump just because he pisses people off. He’s also a a clown, but I trust him more then anybody else at this point because I least have an idea of how he’s going to fuck me.

Bernie Sanders is doing the same old “I want to screw the rich, and bring back the middle class” shtick that every Democrat has done. I’ve heard about is how he wants to raise the tax rates to Eisenhower era levels, how it worked back then and it will work today. What gets left out is that the only thing that saved the US economy in the 50’s was that the US was an manufacturing power house at the time because it was essentially the only modern country in the world that hadn’t been destroyed by WW2. Also forgotten is that Eisenhower is the only president to have the honor of being in office during three rescission. So how is following a similar economic policy a good idea?

Sanders plan to bring back the middle class is to redo all the trade agreements that shifted manufacturing overseas. While I would love to see this done, the reality is I don’t see those agreements being changed by Congress. Too many of those critters have been bought and paid for by those that benefit from the trade agreements.

So Sanders two corner stones of his platform are DOA as far as I’m concerned.

As much as I can’t stand Warren, she is the only one who could probably shake things up the way they need to be shook regardless of whether or not you agree with her on politics. Wall Street honestly can’t stand her which is what we need.

So…politics on the forum is now OK?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;166247]So…politics on the forum is now OK?[/QUOTE]

No.

Just to be clear, hard facts and information are not banned (what a candidates stated position is) but conjecture is (what you [I]think[/I] a candidate might or might so).

john, sorry. it wasn’t my intention to break forum rules.this monster just sort of…evolved

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;166247]So…politics on the forum is now OK?[/QUOTE]

It is surprisingly civil so far and as long as it stays this way I would hope they let it continue.

it works well when c.captain can’t reply on threads he doesn’t start!

[QUOTE=z-drive;166268]it works well when c.captain can’t reply on threads he doesn’t start![/QUOTE]

I was going to mention something about it being because of his non involvement but decided not to.

Cruz just offered an eye opening summary on how Washington managed to get everyone fed up with the inaction, on Hannity.
Ted Cruz fires back at President Obama’s attack
Jul. 27, 2015 - 7:30 - Republican presidential candidate on the dangers of the Iran deal on ‘Hannity’