Travel Ban from Europe to United States

and still doing nothing…

Just remember one couple from China has wiped out 50% of Italy with a 2 church visits…not sure what weird shit goes on in Catholic churches but…

2 Likes

It looks to me like a mixing problem. Same as when changing over between high sulfur fuel and low. The factors are the difference in percent sulfur between the two fuels, for example 4.5% sulfur and 1%, the amount of fuel in the system and the consumption and mixing rates.

With high populations and low percentage of the population traveling (mixing) and relatively low differences in infection rates between populations travel restrictions would have low effectiveness, at least in the case when the efforts are mitigation and not containment.

It’s my guess that this is why the experts are saying it’s better to focus efforts on mitigation, limiting air travel in general for example.

Seems like something that would need to be modeled to get any decent answers.

If you’re really curious PM me and I’ll tell you all about it. I’ve been a Catholic for more than half a century.

1 Like

We can’t tell you. . .

3 Likes

Well it is the first rule of Fight Club so I’d say it checks out

3 Likes

What news source are you citing for this?

But our stable genius who surprised all the CDC experts with his medical knowledge will surely protect us … won’t he?

2 Likes

google it there are lots

At last we have finally arrived at the source of the problem, who is really responsible…

The president, who has been in office for more than three years, has previously blamed Obama for a slow start to coronavirus testing — and hailed himself for casting aside an “Obama rule” to speed testing for the virus.

I googled it, seems you may have bad info:

“The first two cases came to light at the end of January when two Chinese tourists from the central Chinese city of Wuhan - the epicentre of the Covid-19 outbreak - fell ill during a trip to the country.

The couple were immediately put in isolation, everyone they had come into contact with was tested for the virus, and Italy’s government became the first in Europe to ban all direct flights to and from China, in a bid to stop further contagion.

The two Chinese are not believed to have infected anyone else.

“The system of prevention put into place by Italy is the most rigorous in Europe,” Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte told reporters on Jan 31.

His confidence was misplaced.

On Feb 21, Italy’s northern region of Lombardy announced that a 38-year-old Italian man, named only as Mattia, from the town of Codogno, 60km south-east of Milan, had tested positive for the virus.“

Reuters by way of:

But since the info is of no practical use, it’s not like it matters either way, right? Unless some other intention was the motive of the post…

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes, Mother Earth is finally tired of the lice in her fur and is shedding them.

1 Like

it was in the news here, 2 chinese tourist went to famous churches one sw of padua and that is where the venato outbreak started and another close to milan infecting lombardy region.
The news went from we have no idea to they found a couple that flew in and visited both churches.
I will try to find it or the news has been moderated. I did find it on uk’s Daily Mail but cant now.
News had maps of the towns which I looked at as I hadnt heard of the towns before but they had some famous churches hence why the chinese visited them.
I have a apt on Lake Garda so I know that region hence my interest.

yes the more I look that news is now gone…

On your third edit maybe you can spell Veneto properly… enjoy that lake garda apartment in the region you know so well.

For someone who’s “not a big fan” you sound like a big fan. I do agree that it is nearly impossible to be objective about Trump. I’ve given up trying.

1 Like

I voted for Obama in '08 but grew to detest him as a leader after a couple of years. But in certain circles & on a couple of topics a person who practices personality politcs would accuse me of being a “big fan” of Obama too which isn’t the case at all. I’m a contrarian who isn’t brainwashed by a political party or movement. I’m not stupid enough to think Obama or Trump are to blame for everything that has ever went wrong & can give credit to both when I think credit is due.

Another example of the misinformation rife on social media these days. My people have been sending me examples. One “article" is supposedly an “internal memo” from "Stanford hospital” (with bad grammar and spelling). These bogus memos and news reports are often a mix of facts and complete hogwash (did you know you can detect COVID with a breathing exercise? Drinking hot water kills the virus!)

Then there are plenty of people who just spread fake news for fun and profit.

Crises like these are where rational people realize that news outlets like the Washington Post and the New York Times are so important. Reading new stories from sources you don’t know is like sharing a bottle of whiskey with a homeless man on a subway. Sure, you get a little buzz at first… :mask:

2 Likes

I am thinking the chinese asked the Italians to remove it and low and behold a plane arrived full of doctors and medical supplies…
The rhetoric now seems to be a chinese couple went to a hospital in Rome…
And now there is a mention of a paki refugee spreading it…

give me a break I am trying to answer your question…