Transocean Drilling

Question for you guys working at Transocean.

My C/E (any horsepower/tonnage) is looking to work for Transocean on the Semisubs. He placed his application, sent resume, and received a letter stating that they received all of the information wanted, etc…

What is next in line? Forget about it? Contact them again? Wait and see?

Any insight would be appreciated!

[QUOTE=Emerald Shellback;101533]Question for you guys working at Transocean.

My C/E (any horsepower/tonnage) is looking to work for Transocean on the Semisubs. He placed his application, sent resume, and received a letter stating that they received all of the information wanted, etc…

Any insight would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Unless he has alot of experience on drill rigs, drill ships, or a whole career of diesel electric experience on DP-2 or 3 class dive or ROV vessels he will probably never hear from them again. Even if you do hear from them expect it to be over a month, they don’t do anything quick.

Tell your chief to continue to reapply online a bunch of times in a row.

I also had a question about drillships . If you worked as a mechanic, roustabout, derricksman or other unlicensed position do you get sea time toward a 3rd engineers license. I have my qmed but I don’t see any qmed positions on drillships

[QUOTE=GetMo;101547]I also had a question about drillships . If you worked as a mechanic, roustabout, derricksman or other unlicensed position do you get sea time toward a 3rd engineers license. I have my qmed but I don’t see any qmed positions on drillships[/QUOTE]

no you don’t…you have to b e a RFPEW vis. QMED or oiler. Noble has plenty of QMED openings if you don’t mind working for the company that is low enough to slide under a slug.

Any idea on what Noble is paying QMEDs?

[QUOTE=Emerald Shellback;101533]Question for you guys working at Transocean.

Any insight would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Is he looking for a C/E (Maint Supervisor) position? Cause if he doesn’t have years experience with any type of DP vessel, than he really does not have a chance. If he is willing to try and be a Mechanic (3rd A/E) or Chief Mechanic (2nd A/E) he may get a call back. But he should pursue someone in the office.

I have an question for experienced transocean guys (or otherdrilling company guys) that are marine engineers.
What is the chance of drilling companys employing a marine engineer from a conventional ship? Howdo they look on that? I think and engine room is an engine room anywhere.
I see that transocean is hiring engineersfor there fleet in gulf of mexico. Do they have a shortage of engineers?