To the out-of-state complainers (LOUISIANA)

It’s amazing to hear that the state of Louisiana is [I]out-of-touch[/I] with the rest of the world, according to the out-of-state workers who [B]migrate here[/B] and consume the jobs…having return back home, with a [U]bank account full of money[/U].

[B]Since your city is SO great[/B] why doesn’t YOUR city/state provide you with the resources and job availability [B]YOU[/B] need?

CONSIDERING, you’d be saving MONEY on lodging and travel…and you would be amongst your [I]upper-class[B] social circles[/B][/I] of people you so much prefer.

[I]Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.[/I] For those of you who don’t smoke: [I]you can always take a vibrator and shove it up your asz. :eek:[/I]

YOU’RE MEAN TODAY…lol!!!

Being that I live in Alabama and work in Louisiana and constantly complain, I guess my next question is “how big is that vibrator again?”

Dang, I guess I’ll try to get a job on a boat on Lake Grapevine! South Louisiana sounds dangerous. I don’t smoke and I’m not into the anal thing.

Nemo

Interesting, up here we complain about the tourists (aka fudgies/leaf-peepers/ F.I.P’s) crowding the locals out of the lakes, woods, and watering holes, and down there it is a gripe about people working. Different sides of the same coin! The tourists show up and b***h about the lack of $5.00/ coffee joints and all night grocery stores . . . ah, well.

BTW: F.I.P’s = Fuc***g Illinois People

Anchorman,

As big as your asz can take. LOL

You’re safe. Not just because I ‘like’ you, though. Alabama people receive enough scrutiny as is. LOL

Then again, I didn’t see you openly complain about US on here. This was [I]strictly directed[/I] to the folks everywhere but the south. Us southerns share the same sentiments…to a degree. LOL

In La. now?

I think my cousins in NC have a saying about this;

Q: What’s a “damn yankee”?
A: A yankee tourist who moves here to stay.

KZOO, We say that about everyone here in Colorado. Damn Californians, Damn Michiganers, Damn Arizonians, Damn New Yorkers, G Damn Mexicans, Damn Texans—wait, I belong to that last one! LOL

Might be willing to learn how to cope with the humidity and move down that way if the patch fires up again. Been on the beach for way to long. Mudbugs and fried catfish po boys, rooster fighting in Vinton (I’ve got family there, so I know), hot women who not only will cook, but know how. What’s not to love about all that?!?!

…ones in Fla. know how to catch, cook, clean and OWN a boat! :smiley:

Wow,
Quite the rant there, little missy.

Don’t you think that if there were enough people from your parts qualified, willing and able to do these jobs, that there would not be any vacancies for people from away to fill?

Just food for thought…

[quote=Flyer69;17194]Don’t you think that if there were enough people from your parts qualified, willing and able to do these jobs, that there would not be any vacancies for people from away to fill?
Just food for thought…[/quote]

[B]Was that question for me ? :D[/B]

[B]Unfortunally mine can’t be filled, My commericial days are over for now, in a couple of years, the price of fuel trippled+ and the industry got bombarded with imports, government started the great idea of “limited entry” for liscensures, the owner got sick and the boat was set up on the intercoastal and by a hurricane and dimolished. [/B]
[B][/B]
[B][I]For foodture reference : [/I]I just step in the forum once in a while to make a joke.[/B]

[B]I enjoy researching some of the topics in the forums, I just don’t know what I’m doing in this one. :cool: [/B]
[B][/B]
[B]Later mate’s…[/B]

Flyer,

Since we are so [I]hospitable[/I], we apparently don’t mind sharing them with people [B]desperately seeking employment (like the out-of-state folk)[/B]. They ought to consider themselves so lucky, and count their blessings.

Oh, be still my beating heart!! :wink: If it isn’t prepackaged or involve a microwave, good luck around here.

I think what Ashley is simply saying, is be respectful of the locals. Each corner of the country has it’s own idiosyncrasies, and if you don’t like them, or can’t handle them, move along. It’s not an outsiders role to change anything, and damn rude to look down ones nose. And, the old saying, “Don’t bite the hand that is feeding you!”.

I love the Bayou. Good people, good food and a laid-back attitude. People from my home town have been working there seasonally for 75 years. Many have quit commuting and relocated to Houma, Lake Charles, Lafayette and other places.

Ashley, one goes where the work is. It’s supply and demand. If the supply isn’t there then you may be in demand! It sounds like there’s too much supply and not enough demand in the oil patch right now. That will change.

Good luck in your search,

Nemo

[B][I]one of my favorite places is the “family” camp on the upper Atchafalya River basin where I am currently staying after relocating back to La from FL a year ago…I grew up in NOLA which is now a “post Katrina war zone”!![/I][/B]

[B][I]**Sorry Ashley the “garden spots” I listed in another post I still consider “holes” created by the “patch” …a neccessary evil…has nothing to do with the people who have to live there…there are many beauitiful places in La…most are north of I-10!![/I][/B]

I have a “work visa” issued in 1978 to work in Morgan City. It reads St Mary Parish Itinerant Labor Identification #3758. They were ruled unconstitutional and the Parish offered us $10 to buy them back.
It’s a good thing I kept mine. It might save me from the vibrator!

back in the early '80s relocated to Morgan City after a work contract expired in Puerto Rico…left after 10 months with the impression that the “real” locals didn’t appreciate the “transients” that the oilfield attracted…first time I ever heard the term “oilfield trash”…can’t say as I blame them!!

**good thing I’m just “boat trash”…first time I heard that term was in La as well… from an “oilfield hand” no less!!

I went through Morgan City this weekend. I seen the infamous Twin City Motel. Didn’t look too bad. There was even, what appeared to be a decent and clean restaurant nearby. I’m waiting on Anthony to experience the thin walls of the lodge. bubbling LOL

it has been awhile but I also like the Twin City Motel and as well the the other motel that is next to the police station…particulaly the “room service” that came by at 2am and banged on the door and exclaimed "hey in there anyone want to party!!

**for “entertainment” I recommend the 3 bars the are just over the hwy90 railroad bridge.

You know none of this would have happened if people actually followed that poster that is somewhere on EVERY ship. The “NO WHINING” sign. I say it be officially added to the CFR’s and a make or break question on the license tests.

For the most part while I was in LA I liked it and didn’t even get to see NO for more than a night. I had a few wild nights in Morgan City with fellow people I was training with for GOM. Oddly enough one of them refered to Morgan City as Morgan Chitty. Its all in good jest anyway.

I think why many of the commuters in LA complain is because the culture is different, a lot of people simply can’t adapt to that, it is far away from family who they can’t see for weeks, and the concept of a drive-in margarita shop is too much compared to super regulated NYC. I was walking one day with a beer in a brown bag and STILL got stopped by a cop to make sure it was closed o.O. I love NYC but I sure would love to get some of that laid back feeling of LA and not the “constantly being watched” feeling. Not to mention the NY state senate circus…

[quote=injunear;17230]I have a “work visa” issued in 1978 to work in Morgan City. It reads St Mary Parish Itinerant Labor Identification #3758. They were ruled unconstitutional and the Parish offered us $10 to buy them back.
It’s a good thing I kept mine. It might save me from the vibrator![/quote]

That is hilarious. My uncle from Grand Isle helped me get my first job out of Golden Meadow back in 79. I drove from FL every two weeks to work. Never needed a work visa though. Thanks injunear I needed a good chuckle. :smiley: