This is Singapore

Scotland have their Nessie, Singapore have their Bukit Timah monkey man:

1 Like

Proudly presenting modern day Singapore:

Yes very modern. You must be so proud.

http://gcaptain.com/singapore-uncovers-large-oil-heist-shells-biggest-refinery/

Yes very proud.
In Singapore they catch the culprits and bring them to justice quickly, no matter how rich and powerful they may be.

Maybe next they could catch a few of the crooks who deliver it to one’s ship? Although I grant you there is a certain amount of poetic justice in stealing direct from the refinery.

Have look in the Singapore Port thread about what is done to curb that problem:

yer… right
The most corrupt bunkerers on the planet if we took a poll?
The guys wait for a ship to leave singapore then its get pirated, funny how I dont ever remember a ship being pirated that rounded Singapore…
Then the fuel gets loaded on to a tug and it sails back into singapore to sell the fuel.
The other day they finally woke up to the fact that there are many tugboats in singapore that never go on hire yet move in the ports lots, thanks to AIS they have started to catch them.
Ask anyone Asia wide where they think the Mr Bigs of fuel piracy operate from.

1 Like

I was master on a regular liner trade westbound Singapore then Port Klang was not so bad. Eastbound Port Klang then Singapore was a little more stressful because of the crossing situation and by this time I was a little short on sleep. Shenzhen and Shanghei on the same run were both ports with long standbys and periods of elevated blood pressure.

Singapore is scoring high on this year’s Bloomberg Innovation Index:
https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...lls-out-top-10

This is the other Singapore, without winning prices for innovation or anything else:

Waste is not wasted in Singapore:

Planning for the future is taken serious in Singapore, otherwise a small country with no resources doesn’t stand a chance in the worldwide competition for talents and markets:

Singapore is in 6th place on the Corruption Perception Index 2017:

That is up one spot from last year and tied with Switzerland and Sweden.
New Zealand top the list, with all the Scandinavian countries among the top 6.
USA are in tied 16th place, together with Austria and Belgium.

Singapore losing the plot on the small stuff ( big projects still coming though)
They cant decide how transport will work,
They priced electric cars out of the island
They allowed 25,000 new taxi’s, uber and grab
They are now looking at autonomous vehicles, so 50,000 cab drivers will be looking for new jobs
They allowed electric scooters and hoverboards to turn up.
Push Bikes illegal on footpath, but never enforced.
Then they couldnt work out where you can use them so changed the law to allow anything on the footpath.
Then they realised they need a 25kph speed limit on the footpath, another change in the law.
So far 3000+ electric bikes and scooters confiscated for exceeding the 25kph specification.
Now you drive down the road and the punters forget you must dismount to cross a road or pedestrian crossing so they just go from footpath to in front of you at 25kph. No education, no signs, no enforcement.
Then they let in the credit card bike companies but failed to inisist they must buy/rent bike racks so they must be returned to certain points.
So now rental bikes littered everywhere in Singapore.
Was that just to gain votes or were they seriously thinking its the new form of transport?
They are still building and making more and more congestion on the roads.
Footpath not safe for anything, so far 2 pedestrian deaths, law changed to allow prison for hitting someone on the footpath.
Total resident population in Singapore dropping, all taxes going up

There is an airport only a few minutes taxi ride from you.
From there you can get a flight to just about anywhere in the world.
If you have so many grievances, call a taxi, go there and get on a flight out of this awful place.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ugly-side-of-bicycle-sharing-lta-moves-against-badly-parked-bikes.
Worse now as nothing has been done.

Having recently been in Singapore I can say things have changed, a little. Yes it is getting so expensive those born there cannot afford to live there but there are worse things. Such as bicycles being left in the pathway by irresponsible ride sharing app users along with disorderly parking, the horror!
Finally a small bit of disorder in one of the most orderly nation states in the world.
The rest of the world wishes their problems were so minor.

Being able to walk down any street at any time at any age without a care in the world is very nice.
( less tripping over dumped bicycles or being run over my something motorised)
I was driving down Loyang Ave a while back at midnight, 6 kids doing over 80kph on scooters.
some had helmets some had lights…

That is out of control. They just haven’t scared the hell out of anyone of importance yet is my guess.When that happens there will probably be some action taken.

An American preacher brings his islamophobia to Singapore:

Racial or Religious disharmony is something that Singapore cannot afford, nor should it be tolerated.

Singapore got their man after 38 years:

Having a gun in your possession is no child’s game in Singapore.

1 Like