1999 Sept-2000 Aug I get side tracked selling Insurance for a year
2001-June get my 500 ton Master license
2003- Get my 1600 ton Master license and Master OSV 6000 tons ITC
2004- Get my Master of towing vessels license
2007- 3rd Mate Unlimited
2008- 2nd Mate Unlimited
2009- Nov Chief Mate Unlimited
2011- July received my Master Any Gross Tons

If you had asked me in the beginning if this is where I would have ended up, I would have laughed it off. I know a lot of the rules and requirements are changing, but the hawespipe is still open for those who want to invest some time and money into themselves. The reward is significant. I am sure there will be some classroom requirements with this new STCW for renewals, but I am happy to finally be done.

Congrats on your achievement!!!

It is what I aspire to but since I started so late, I am not sure I have to the time or opportunity left to complete it.

Congrats!! That was a pretty fast track!!

Did you ride as AB on unlimited boats from 04-07 to upgrade to 3rd mate. I might go to school for mate 1600 but I don’t like how you have ride as a unlicensed AB for 1080 to upgrade when your a Master or Mate 1600. Seems like the pay cut would be huge, but I understand it is a long term investment

Awesome Capt Lee!

[QUOTE=Bcooksey;53232]Did you ride as AB on unlimited boats from 04-07 to upgrade to 3rd mate. I might go to school for mate 1600 but I don’t like how you have ride as a unlicensed AB for 1080 to upgrade when your a Master or Mate 1600. Seems like the pay cut would be huge, but I understand it is a long term investment[/QUOTE]

No, I used my 1600 ton Master/Large OSV license. I spent a little over 5 years on a vessel that was 5922 tons ITC which was covered with my large OSV license. A lot of time over 3000 ITC on other boats, also. Submitted to test for the 3rd Mate with sign offs completed and was allowed to test. Automatic upgrade to 2nd Mate. Then I had to complete all the management level STCW courses to qualify to test for chief mate. Master automatically issued after 360 days of sea time on my chief mate license.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;53225]
1997-July start working as deckhand on a 96’ utility boat
1998-March get my 100 ton Master license
1999 Sept-2000 Aug I get side tracked selling Insurance for a year
2001-June get my 500 ton Master license
2003- Get my 1600 ton Master license and Master OSV 6000 tons ITC
2004- Get my Master of towing vessels license
2007- 3rd Mate Unlimited
2008- 2nd Mate Unlimited
2009- Nov Chief Mate Unlimited
2011- July received my Master Any Gross Tons
[/QUOTE]

Gotta love those 12 hour days, eh Lee? Congratulations on your achievement!! I’ll bet your family is very proud of you too.

[QUOTE=dougpine;53240]… Congratulations on your achievement!! I’ll bet your family is very proud of you too.[/QUOTE]

[B][I]Your gCapt family is …[/I][/B]

Good for you Captain Lee! What an inspiration!

Oh, and I love the picture of you and Anchorman.

Wow man…Huge congrats!!

Congratulations, Capt. Lee.

Well done!

Big time congrats!

Excellent Capt. Lee! You are an inspiration for many…or something like that :rolleyes:

Oh, and Jemplayer, that’s “getting [U]straight[/U] with Nate!”

Congrats Capt Lee.

Congratulations Captain. I’m on the same long and lonesome road.

Way to go Lee. I knew one day you would join the Elite Club. Now next time I see you, your buying?

Thanks for all the congrats, and of course I will buy next time I see you Rob.

[QUOTE=dougpine;53240]Gotta love those 12 hour days, eh Lee? Congratulations on your achievement!! I’ll bet your family is very proud of you too.[/QUOTE]

No more 12 hour days for me. I do work them but I do not get credit for them. If I did I would have been done in 2010.

Congrats Capt. Lee!