The banishment of c.captain and ombugge

Is that really his name? Lol

Awesome text. Where did it come from?
Mike

Don’t go away mad, just go away!

That was hilarious.

Yes I am. The place is infected with trolls and I block them all for a better experience. The owner of the site is sometimes the biggest troll on there too.

Kudos John,
These types of individuals are on all types of platforms and forums.
They think that can come and berate any and all who don’t follow in their wake.
I could care less how much knowledge or experience they have!
I don’t need any chief bosun type screaming at deckhands, “ALL I WANT TO SEE IS ELBOWS AND A$$HOLES.” There is no longer a place for that.
Those attitudes only create discontent, resentment, anger and teach nothing to the crew.
As far as I’m concerned, “They can make like a salmon… Swim up stream, f#$k off and die.”
See what I mean John?
I can do that too, that’s easy, it teaches nothing.
I would wholeheartedly suggest that these individuals reevaluate their position and become mentors. God knows they got the chops to be great and leave a lasting legacy.
You can’t imagine my luck of how many Captains, First Officers and Bosuns took me under the wing, when they really didn’t have to and lifted me up.
If these individuals persist in their position, I can only suggest yhey go look for the boat’s Sea Chest.
Cheers…

Interesting posts, comments, all of them LOL

Been a member of a few forums (nothing to do with maritime) and as someone else said they do provide a searchable data base and shared knowledge that sites like Facebook lack.

I don’t know any “normal” forum which is “work” related that would allow the level of personal insults, foul language & general crudeness seen here daily. But again this is a forum for mariners by mariners. Different rules - OK, got it. But there still has to be limits enforced on a public forum. And like it or not, this is a forum founded & ran by John Konrad. His forum, his rules.

He gave plenty of fair warning, perhaps too much so… And yes I liked both of those posters who have been banned. Perhaps they can team up together to create their own salty internet banter site LOL :joy::laughing::smile:

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Real Life Leadership and Management Situation Aboard Ship

As previously stated, I am guilty of wandering off the farm a time or two, and have had vigorous disputes with Ombugg, so what? The man is a maritime encyclopedia as well as c.captain, also an encyclopedia. Funny I just sent a response to one of his old posts and just realized he’s gone. I can’t say how many times I needed an answer to a maritime question and typed into the search block and found it discussed in various threads, invaluable. Experience and depth of knowledge even if a bit brusque is invaluable. We are mariners and in the past have been known to have thick skin, at the same time John Konrad wants and has the right to take this forum to a higher level and become something politically influential and input which disrupts the business model he is seeking have been addressed.

1 Like

Thank you John. I see this forum you created as a platform for the exchange of ideas, opinions and camaraderie among professional mariners.
I’ve skated on the edge of impropriety and bent a few threads my way but IMHO Ombugge’s constant high jacking of threads and fervent support of everything Chinese and denigrating of anything American had become old unwanted baggage. I don’t care how much experience he has, I had started to ignore most of his posts and c.cap’s diatribes were often off the charts.
They both had plenty of depth of knowledge but I don’t see any shortage of it in their absence. I consider the forum a better place for it.
Hopefully, they’ll both be back with a more measured approach.

1 Like