My Comments About gCaptain

Greeting everyone. I stumbled across gCaptain about a month or so a go while doing a search for employment, I have been somewhat addicted to your site since. I am from the yacht world and have been a captain for 20 years. I am amazed about comardery here on this site, its truely a fresh breath of air to see how fellow mariners help each other.

In the yacht world you just don’t find this, its a very cut throat business, most people would sell the mother for a good job. There is only one website that resembles g captain, but there are a hand full of people that run it, they act like they know it all and what they don’t know isn’t worth learning.

I just wanted to Thank g Captain for having this great site"

Captain jordan:)

Welcome aboard captain. I have been to the port you mention and concur with your words. This is a great site and the members on here make it so.
Looking forward to reading your post.

[quote=captcruz;28604]Greeting everyone. I stumbled across gCaptain about a month or so a go while doing a search for employment, I have been somewhat addicted to your site since. I am from the yacht world and have been a captain for 20 years. I am amazed about comardery here on this site, its truely a fresh breath of air to see how fellow mariners help each other.

In the yacht world you just don’t find this, its a very cut throat business, most people would sell the mother for a good job. There is only one website that resembles g captain, but there are a hand full of people that run it, they act like they know it all and what they don’t know isn’t worth learning.

I just wanted to Thank g Captain for having this great site"

Captain jordan:)[/quote]

Jordan,

My apologies to you (and the rest of the forum) I have been out to sea the past few weeks and the satellite connection was painfully slow… so I am just now catching up on the forum posts.

That being said… many thanks for the comments. While we primarily cover commercial shipping on our blog, we do our best to welcome ALL maritime professionals and even have a section of this forum dedicated to yacht captains (you can find it HERE) so feel free to welcome your friends. And thank you for your support.

Cheers,
John