Thanks button

Hello, is there a limit as to how much you can “Thank” someone? I have used it 10 times, but I can’t see the button or text to “Thank” someone today.

Thanks for the time

0 Likes

Yes, there is a limit to how thankful one can be.

0 Likes

I’d like to see a ‘finger’ button or a ‘STFU’ button. Earn too much of a negative rate and posting privileges are curtailed or suspended. This could help increase professional behavior on these forums vice rabid foaming at the mouth by some.

0 Likes

Heh, me too, though it seems the board did that automatically to one long time poster in particular already not long ago. Was much quieter for a while.

0 Likes

I’m on a different forum that implemented a sarcasm font (revere italics) button to help folks add context to their posts, sometimes I wonder if it would be useful here too.

0 Likes

Correct. There is a reputation system within the system based on user group settings.

Level 0 - Unregistered or logged-out users
Can’t participate

Level 1- Registered Users
Next to the thanks button is a triangle… click that and it sends us a note and docks the reputation of the poster.

Level 2 - Administrators
Administrators have a lightnighbolt setting. When reading a thread we can add or subtract points based on the quality of the post.

We also have a spam filter that adjusts the users rating based on the number of low quality or argumentative threads.

Here is a screen shot of the reputation buttons:
https://www.evernote.com/l/AAGHoh5BmB9FiaWCBdRKv-vZ22Dx2Uw8Kak

0 Likes