Tankship pic question

Is liquid mud considered a dangerous liquid by the USCG?
In other words can i get my tankship pic from transferring liquid mud from an osv to a drill ship or rig?

I currently have my tank barge pic dl. When I took the class it was the tankship class. I believe all that i need would be 5 loads and 5 discharges of liqiid mud on an osv. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Look on the COD. If it doesn’t say tankship, you are not serving on a tankship and so the answer would be “NO”.
Probably the reason why you have a NTVRP onboard, as well.

Thanks for the quick response. What is a ntvrp? Sorry for the silly questions i’m new to osvs.

Non tank vessel response plan. I think you need 90 days on a real tanker to get your PIC in addition to your loads and discharges. The CFR is super easy to find, google is your friend

Any opinions on which schools offer the best quality tankerman courses?

You pay your money, attend the class approved by the CG, you get your class completion certificate. It’s a cargo class. I took DL-Tankship through continuing ed. at SUNY, no complaints.

[QUOTE=tugjobz;127644]Is liquid mud considered a dangerous liquid by the USCG?
In other words can i get my tankship pic from transferring liquid mud from an osv to a drill ship or rig?

I currently have my tank barge pic dl. When I took the class it was the tankship class. I believe all that i need would be 5 loads and 5 discharges of liqiid mud on an osv. Is this correct?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

If the COI does not require a tankerman-PIC when transferring the mud, the time can’t be used for a tankerman endorsement. Same for the “extra fuel” carried on OSVs.