Tankerman PIC for OSV

I’m trying to get my DL Tankerman PIC endorsement and I am wondering if any of you guys had tried to get it using Liquid Mud or Base Oil Transfers. I used to work on a Tanker but lost the discharge along the way but since then I’ve been working on Supply Vessels and now MODU’s does anyone know if this time would count as the 90 days needed? Some guidance would be really appreciated. Thanks.

To get a tankerman endorsement requires service on a tankship or tankbarge. By law an OSV is NOT a tankship. So if NMC follows the regs (I know, I know it is a 50/50 shot) you would be denied. Lately they have been giving mariners loading mud into barges denials of those applications also.

1 Like