Starting pay for mates in the gom!

Trying to figure out if its worth pursuing as a career. I already used the search function couldent find anything, any information would be helpful thanks!

It depends on what license you have?

I’m pretty sure it would be worth it.

$1000 a day for 8 hour day thats two four hour watches if you have DP. If you don’t have DP it’s $850 a day. You get a $100 a day bonus if you complete the hitch without an accident. If you have DP you get all travel paid no DP they just pay for airfare.

[QUOTE=oilrig84;90677]Trying to figure out if its worth pursuing as a career. I already used the search function couldent find anything, any information would be helpful thanks![/QUOTE]

I say that you didn’t try searching very hard and you only posted that to avoid the pointy stick…

SORRY BUT DOESN’T WASH AND IT DIDN’T WORK

Keep trying

also…“couldent”? Eye meen realy!

There are at least 5 threads that comprehensively discuss pay in the GOM and Globally. Drillships, OSVs, etc. Just takes a little looking after you use the search function.

[QUOTE=“Fraqrat;90682”]$1000 a day for 8 hour day thats two four hour watches if you have DP. If you don’t have DP it’s $850 a day. You get a $100 a day bonus if you complete the hitch without an accident. If you have DP you get all travel paid no DP they just pay for airfare.[/QUOTE]

What company is that with? I thought must drilling companies work 12 hour watches in the GOM.

All of the companies man where have you been? Its rainbows and unicorns everywhere. Having a mates license is like having the golden ticket. The world is your oyster. Those rates are for OSV’s it’s double for drillships. Just tryin to be helpful seeing as how he searched and all.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;90688]All of the companies man where have you been? Its rainbows and unicorns everywhere. Having a mates license is like having the golden ticket. The world is your oyster. Those rates are for OSV’s it’s double for drillships. Just tryin to be helpful seeing as how he searched and all.[/QUOTE]
Money for nothing and chicks for free? Having a mates license must be like being a rockstar!

And when you have a Masters license it means Master of the Universe.

He just asked about mate pay. Master pay is quadruple with a $10,000 dollar a month safety bonus at the end of each hitch without an incident. First class airfare and limo service fr travel.

this guy’s gotta be KP! only a grandiose KP’er could be so obtuse. perhaps he was in the band even? whattya think fraq?

The majority of search results lead to threads just like this one. I like this site and I find a good deal of information on here. Too bad it’s full of forum nazis.

[QUOTE=beekerbetter;90697]Too bad it’s full of forum nazis.[/QUOTE]

yeah…isn’t it just awful!

If I recommend the search function or make a smart comment I’m an Internet tough guy. I’m just trying to answer the guys question if he thinks I’m wrong I dare him to search and prove me wrong. When you ask the same question that’s been asked a thousand times and add the statement “no pointy sticks” or “I already searched” you’re asking for it.

$500-650 per day, if you are new to OSV, expect $375 and be ready to bust rust and sling paint… And clean up after slobs

I just don’t see the point of taking the time to tell people off when the same amount of time could be spent to tell them the answer. Here is a idea, don’t say anything. I don’t see why three of four people get the final say about who can ask what.

[QUOTE=beekerbetter;90734]I just don’t see the point of taking the time to tell people off when the same amount of time could be spent to tell them the answer. Here is a idea, don’t say anything. I don’t see why three of four people get the final say about who can ask what.[/QUOTE]

ah quicherbitchin and take your lumps beeker

You almost had me feeling guilty for a sec. So I decided to use the search function myself. I worded it several different ways and depending on wording I got between 30 and 300 results. Now grant it there was a lot of BS to sort through but I found plenty of actual dollar figures. Not only did I find mate pay I found AB pay as well. Now if I have to be an AB before I can be a mate I’m going to assume that mate pays a little more. So when I see AB wages I can assume also that mate pay could be a 50% or more raise. That’s neither here nor there because I saw actual mate dollar figures. The other thing I noticed was “the handful of people” who usually posted on these threads were kinda the same people over an over again. It was funny because I also found myself to be included in this bunch of “forum nazis”. The real shame of it to me is the laziness involved in this so called “research” people are doing. So pardon some of us if we get annoyed when we see a guy post a question that can be easily answered by putting a little effort into it. What are we supposed to think when the poster just started his account within a few days of his very first post and asks the same ole question?

[QUOTE=“Fraqrat;90682”]$1000 a day for 8 hour day thats two four hour watches if you have DP. If you don’t have DP it’s $850 a day. You get a $100 a day bonus if you complete the hitch without an accident. If you have DP you get all travel paid no DP they just pay for airfare.[/QUOTE]

This is ridiculous realistic answer is anywhere from 450-650 a day(12 hour watch) on OSV’s. Pay all depends on experience, oceans, and DP cert.