So how cold is it down in the ol Bayoo tonight?

will the Coast Guard need to dispatch a few icebreaking tugs down from the Great Lakes to keep Belle Pass open for shipping?

//youtu.be/ciqJJtFHH3k

I could put a snowplow on the bow of the ORCA if that would help?

I have no idea I’m in LL317 waiting to pump off this mud. I hope it’s bitter cold when I get in though. I embrace the winter however short it is. The oppressive heat is right around the corner.

Not nearly cold enough to justify the panic and hysteria.

…Yet…

[QUOTE=gulf_engineer;129316]Not nearly cold enough to justify the panic and hysteria.[/QUOTE]

Dood, you hose pipe might freeze up. Better safe than sorry.

I hear one of the heliports already shut down the flights for Tuesday and Wednesday… offshore crew changes will be delayed

With all the roads being closed my crew change is delayed.

Hell has finally frozen over

lolz, with the bayoo’s inspiration, moving forward i will cancel remaking tow, anchoring and docking next time we have several inches of frozen spray. Its only right. I am sure my dispatchers and customers will understand.

On top of the issues from the cold weather, anyone else watching the traffic in and around slip A tonight? Flotation canal is chocked full. Where are all these newbuilds that are coming out going to tie up?

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;129524]On top of the issues from the cold weather, anyone else watching the traffic in and around slip A tonight? Flotation canal is chocked full. Where are all these newbuilds that are coming out going to tie up?[/QUOTE]

I thought there was talk at “The Big Meeting” recently about the new ports that they’re building? Maybe I misheard…

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;129524]On top of the issues from the cold weather, anyone else watching the traffic in and around slip A tonight? Flotation canal is chocked full. Where are all these newbuilds that are coming out going to tie up?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the status of slip C? I don’t make it over that way to see what is going on there.

They need slip C, another way out of Fourchon, and the pool rigs gone.

Looks like they are just starting to put the steel bulkhead in down towards the end.