Door knocking tomorrow!

Just got to Ms. Claudette’s B n B tonight, had a very nice talk with her and got directions to all the OSV companies! Ive been taking to the majority of them for the past few month. Starts tomorrow at 8am at ECO!!! Hitting GOL and Candies possibly tomorrow as well (hopefully won’t need to if Nicky comes through with something!!!). Thanks to everyone posting previous threats about what I need to bring with down here. Looking for a 1600T mate position. Wish me luck! I’ll update tomorrow.

[QUOTE=searayman824;78309]Just got to Ms. Claudette’s B n B tonight, had a very nice talk with her and got directions to all the OSV companies! Ive been taking to the majority of them for the past few month. Starts tomorrow at 8am at ECO!!! Hitting GOL and Candies possibly tomorrow as well (hopefully won’t need to if Nicky comes through with something!!!). Thanks to everyone posting previous threats about what I need to bring with down here. Looking for a 1600T mate position. Wish me luck! I’ll update tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You have to door-knock for a 1600 ton mate position? I dont get it, I would have thought that position would be a phone calls reach away, isn’t Hornbeck doing a bunch of hiring?

[QUOTE=SLUGWRENCH;78316]You have to door-knock for a 1600 ton mate position? I dont get it, I would have thought that position would be a phone calls reach away, isn’t Hornbeck doing a bunch of hiring?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the ink is not dry on his license yet.

Been a mate on the GL for about a year. It’s tough to try to take care of business working 28/14 and 6s on the boat… Just trying to do what I gotta do. Plus no DP experience.

Keep us posted on how you do. Hopefully you get fortunate with something.

Good luck!

Good luck!!!

Update- Nicky says no hiring for 2-3 weeks, he’s full on the deck side for everything. Engine he just hired a wiper that’s staying here at the B n B. Harvey, Candies, and GOL say they are full too. Candies says 7-8 weeks before they start looking again. HOS, Gullfmark, and laborde are on the list for tomorrow. Hope this helps anyone!!

adriatic marine, have a new boat, that is set for mid aug, and hornbeck

Thanks crawdaddy. I’ll check em out. Congrats on your job w ECO!!

Adriatic is all 100 ton boats.

Thank you, bud. Good luck

Have you had any luck yet? Keep plugging away, persistence pays off.