SIU UA program and alternatives

I plan on applying for the unlicensed apprentice program in Piney Point, Maryland and I was worried about the difficulty of the math test and where I could maybe find some practice problems similar to those on the test since it has been years since I’ve taken a math test. Another question I have is in case I still get rejected, are there any success stories that someone who didn’t take the unlicensed apprentice route would like to share? I am very aware of the many other schools available that offer private courses for the necessary certifications and if anyone here knows of any schools close to Wisconsin, please tell me.

The math test is basic equations on like a 7th/8th grade level. You may be rusty, but a quick search will brush the dust off. Trust me, its not difficult.
There’s a list of USCG approved schools/courses on the NMC website. https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/NMC/pdfs/courses/courses.pdf?ver=yDX6dPGcJBUZ71Kwu5z2Ew%3D%3D&timestamp=1701269461361

1 Like

You shouldnt have any problem with entrance math there if you graduated from HS…

1 Like

you just need to be able to add/sub/mult fractions, that, and long division, i was so lazy to do it i used chatgpt on my phone

1 Like

both their “English” and “Math” test are jocks. And if you still having problem on the test, ask a guy who’s administering that test. He will find a way to help you (blink-blink).

1 Like