Signoff's on RFPNW & OICNW

At the bottom of the RFPNW enclosure (b) it says on the first line Mariner and then the next line Designated Examiner/ Shipboard Assessor does the examiner print his name on the Mariner line and sign on the Designated Examiner/ Shipboard Assessor Line or does the trainee put his name in the mariner line. I ask because if you look at OICNW it tells the Designated Examiner to print and sign on the line. Also does the position line mean there title on the vessel at the time of signing i.e. Master/Chief Mate.

Ur name for Mariner, the DDE on the other. I usually stamp and sign or print and sign so there is no question.

The candidate or trainbee is the “mariner” and the person who signs is the assessor. “Position” refers to the title/capacity/position of the assessor. This seemed obvious to me at the time I preparedthe template for the control sheet, but when I later saw some turned in with a latitude and longitude of the ship at the time of the assessment, I realized I should be careful with my assumptions.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;49273]The candidate or trainbee is the “mariner” and the person who signs is the assessor. “Position” refers to the title/capacity/position of the assessor. This seemed obvious to me at the time I preparedthe template for the control sheet, but when I later saw some turned in with a latitude and longitude of the ship at the time of the assessment, I realized I should be careful with my assumptions.[/QUOTE]

At least they did not put “on the bridge”

[QUOTE=anchorman;49283]At least they did not put “on the bridge”[/QUOTE]

We may still get that one. A few years ago a guy applied to renew his MMD, in the application form under description of MMDS/license being renewed, he drew a picture of his MMD, complete with call outs like “this is a picture of me”

“a guy”? We both know John Konrad, might as well say it.