Signet Maritime

Greetings All,
Do we have any Signet folks amongst the crowd here on gCapt? I see they are hiring and am curious about pay, schedule, etc. Heard the Warhorse crews may still be getting Harvey level wages. PM if that’s more comfortable.
Thanks!

If you don’t smoke, have tattoos, beard, long hair,or earrings and you want to look like a cadet or Navy CPO then that is the place for you. I do not see the wages staying the same though.

I’ve never even heard of that place

Do you have AutoCAD experience?

L

O

L

no, but I have 2 tattoos and a beard.

and I have pierced ears and a drinking problem…

well if it’s on your time off, is it really a problem?

How did the whole no tattoos thing work if they retained Harvey Gulfs guys on the tugs surely some of them have to have tattoos?

[QUOTE=z-drive;162634]well if it’s on your time off, is it really a problem?[/QUOTE]

It sure as hell shouldn’t be a problem! actually, im not really a drinker but I still don’t think what a guy does at home should be relevant, nor do I think a beard or most tattoos should be a problem.

If I ran a towboat company I would consider a beard as a positive aspect when reviewing candidates.

I wonder how Jeaux feels…

HEAR, HEAR…!

I wonder how Jeaux feels…

does it matter…the guy is a phucking phraud! I think we should start referring to him as the Jeauker

So does anyone know about wages or schedule?

I’ve heard “it depends”

I heard its $420 at the dock $565 offshore for mates in ingleside for rotational workers. It’s 28-14 though. As for the Otv fleet(former Harvey boats), it’s around $600 but it’s regardless if you’re offshore or at the dock.

[QUOTE=steamshipguy;162678]I heard its $420 at the dock $565 offshore for mates in ingleside for rotational workers. It’s 28-14 though. As for the Otv fleet(former Harvey boats), it’s around $600 but it’s regardless if you’re offshore or at the dock.[/QUOTE]

can do a lot worse than that in this industry right now.

how about engineer pay?

Are these mate wages? Interesting how the rate changes when at the dock. Any idea what assist boat wages are? Unfortunate that it unequal time.

Thanks for your response.

[QUOTE=Ctony;162679]can do a lot worse than that in this industry right now.

how about engineer pay?[/QUOTE]

Licensed Assistants are around Mates wages if I remember correctly. Licensed Chiefs are slightly less than Captains.

[QUOTE=acesouthcoast;162680]Are these mate wages? Interesting how the rate changes when at the dock. Any idea what assist boat wages are? Unfortunate that it unequal time.

Thanks for your response.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Mates wages. Local tug wages are slightly lower and you normally have to live local with no rotation. The pay is a set rate but depending on your skill set and experience you may be able to get a rotation you want. I’m even time, but there aren’t very many of us that are.

Their ads both say ‘academy grad preferred’

So they only go with hawsepipers when they are in a bind? Honest question, not trying to stir the pot.

Think the Crowley tugs down there have separate rates at the dock too last I had heard

[QUOTE=Ctony;162684]Their ads both say ‘academy grad preferred’

So they only go with hawsepipers when they are in a bind? Honest question, not trying to stir the pot.[/QUOTE]

Don’t know about Signet but required / preferred / desirable is a common way to word an ad like this. Preferred means lacking it is not a deal-breaker but they are going to put a lot of weight on being an academy grad.

You might be competitive without the trait that’s “preferred” if you have a strong resume otherwise, or as you say, they are in a bind.