Ship at Lamberts Point?

Did anyone happen to catch the name of that grey hull, white house RO/RO ship tied up at Lamberts Point, Norfolk, recently? I spotted her the other day and couldn’t remember her name. Thought I read somewhere that MSC had brought her in from overseas on special contract…hadn’t heard anything about it in a while and was wondering what it was up to.

Is she still there? I’m heading in that direction this week.

She may be, but I don’t know. I’ve left the area now. She doesn’t show on marinetraffic and I can’t remember the name to look her up. Take a look if you go by. Neat looking ship.

Its gone at the moment. But from what I understand it’s doing super secret squirrel stuff with SEALs and other special forces. They were hanging MK 5 boats from it the other day.

Was it the Craigside? I believe that is the name of the Ropax type vessel that BAE was refitting in Mobile for the military. It was here forever and if I remember correctly is foreign flag and the contract numbers being crazy high.

https://warisboring.com/the-navys-getting-a-big-secretive-special-operations-mothership-12801da6f353#.by07vp7fs

Allegedly a goldmine to work on too, according to those I know at MSC

Thats the one. Thanks for the info!

This it? Pretty slick. Sorry I missed it.

Yep that’s her. She’ll likely be back.

Could have been well on the way to finishing the build of an American flag vessel for that contract, as long as she was in Mobile for the refit.

[QUOTE=coldduck;183396]Could have been well on the way to finishing the build of an American flag vessel for that contract, as long as she was in Mobile for the refit.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, they’ll be sure to give them a US flag. After all, if it isn’t a US flag, there wouldn’t be a point to all that security behind insistence on US flag for the foreign build RRF and MSP. The rules don’t apply for national security, the same national security the jones act is in place for, to ensure the national security structure can build national security assets by requiring all commercial-- vice national security assets – be built in US so the US can rely on native shipbuilding to build assets like this one for, uh, national security needs… To… Uh… Hmmm… Well, at least Maersk is a US company! Oh… Wait. … Hmmmm…