Shear genius I say...laziest sailor stories

[QUOTE=c.captain;154088]

skycowboy beat you to that one…

[/QUOTE]

I beat em all when I called it “efficiency”

[QUOTE=catherder;154089]I beat em all when I called it “efficiency”[/QUOTE]

you know, if I am right and this mariner had sailed during WWII you can’t blame him for any of his peculiarities. When in the air gap south of Greenland, many WWII merchant mariners would not go below decks if they didn’t have to. Men would sleep on deck or at least fully dressed ready for that moment when the torpedoes found their mark. Can you imagine living with the though that if your ship’s number was up and you happened to be on a tanker filled with avgas or an ammo carrier, your number would likely be up as well? Something we should all remember about the men who went before us having to face what for us is today unimaginable. MY HAT GOES OFF TO ALL THOSE MEN TO STEEL NERVE AND IRON WILL!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Glaug-Eldare;154013]I guess he really liked to dance, or really didn’t like to sail! :D[/QUOTE]

then WHY THE FUCK did he graduate from a maritime school?

[QUOTE=c.captain;154091]then WHY THE FUCK did he graduate from a maritime school?[/QUOTE]

Why not? It’s not like college put you $50,000,000 in debt back then. Anyway, you could always look him up and ask him?

Didn’t John Lerro (Scupper grad) used to dance ballet, too? Hmmm. . . .