Seadrill and Pacific Raise Rumors

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;96268]I think the shortage of people is finally paying off for us. Either that or it is for having to deal with our credentialing bullshit.[/QUOTE]
I believe the latter is what is causing the shortage.

Dpo2, Dpo3, Sr Dpo, Chief Mate, and OIM/master…

[QUOTE=captamericas;95244]That is a pretty bold statement are you certain?[/QUOTE]

To attract US people to the GOM they need to do something. TOI’s pay is pathetic in the GOM. Why should a Croatian, Pole, Brit or Scotsman on a TOI rig make 20+% more in the GOM than their US counter part? There needs to be a level playing field, or at least the US mariner needs to quit being penalized for being a citizen. More enlightened companies have already remedied this but TOI is losing many years of valuable experience due to their policy.

I agree with your statement, but my question concerned raises not policy

I thought TOI upped their FSP to 20% (at least for certain positions)…same as Seadrill…in the GOM.

[QUOTE=captamericas;96294]I agree with your statement, but my question concerned raises not policy[/QUOTE]
There is talk of TOI increasing their pay for GOM guys. That is the only rumor I have heard and know little about the difference in pay between Seadrill, Pacific and TOI but we all know they “sometimes” march together.

Market driven. All I have to say.

Does anyone have the 2013 pay scale for Offshore Expat employees for Seadrill?
Engine Room Operator salary
DPO
Electrician