Sea Shepherds sue Japanese for Piracy

Hmmm…:confused:

damn. i was really hoping this would fade from the news headlines. it is getting [B]OLD[/B] already.

This will go no where. Nobody did anything when the SSCS crew boarded a Japanese ship. No body did anything last year when Watson rammed TWO Japanese ships, deliberately. The Ady Gil was a pirate vessel, and was treated as such

Maritime piracy, according to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) of 1982, consists of any criminal acts of violence, detention, or depredation committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or aircraft that is directed on the high seas against another ship, aircraft, or against persons or property on board a ship or aircraft. Piracy can also be committed against a ship, aircraft, persons, or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any state, in fact piracy has been the first example of universal jurisdiction. Nevertheless today the international community is facing many problems in bringing pirates to justice.

[B][I]**based on the above wonder who the “real villains” are in this “drama”…myself am just waiting patiently for the next “train wreck”!![/I][/B]

[QUOTE=MikeE1849;24227]Nobody did anything when the SSCS crew boarded a Japanese ship…[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true…

Those two were given to an Australian government vessel, who were then promptly(!) delivered right back to Sea Shepherd. So, thats what was done. You may not like the result, but thats what was done. Why? My guess is, the Australian government, amongst others, probably doesn’t want the Japanese fleet there, and is not upset at all that Sea Shepherd is doing what its doing.

We are seeing world politics play out here. Sea Shepherd is not a suicide cult. Sea Shepherd has been around over 30 years, (I’m guessing that’s longer that you’ve been alive, MikeE, amirite?) they have contacts with politicians in high levels of government all over the place. They actually have a government contract to patrol Ecuadorian waters around the Galapagos, looking for illegal fishing there. SSCS is the legal protection for that Reserve. It seems obvious that SSCS is receiving covert aid from a number of governments. Why wouldn’t say, the Australian government want to use these willing volunteers to hassle the Japanese? It costs the Aussie government nothing, and they can deny any responsibility.

With this lawsuit, SSCS is angling for yet another stage to argue for the elimination of whaling. World politics continue to play out. Donations will continue to pour in to SSCS’s coffers. Wannabee Internet Tough Guys will continue to send black faxes from their basements, thinking their actions are important. It should come as a surprise to no one…

for the record: [B][I][U]BOOBS[/U][/I][/B] (only took 6 posts!!!)

[QUOTE=richard8000milesaway;24255]for the record: [B][I][U]BOOBS[/U][/I][/B] (only took 6 posts!!!)[/QUOTE]

Okay, we have a new record…

In honor of the new record…

Looks like we’re all finally off watch and relaxing. Good.

[QUOTE=dougpine;24275]Looks like we’re all finally off watch and relaxing. Good.[/QUOTE]

Well it started out that way but I’m a little dizzy now…:smiley:

no dice dougpine: 0545 here & still got another 6 hours till off watch. just hanging out watching those boobs go round and round.
oh, BREAKFAST! bye-o! back in 1/2 hour.

Not quite sure which one I like more. Must study more to come to a conclusion.

her left boob def has a lower CG point.
(hey, those stability classes finally came in handy).

Those are Voith-Schneider boobs.

still watching them go round and round and round.

That’s for improved maneuverability right?

Those really are quite exquisite…