Sea Shepherd to buy new Damen FCS as their mothership

Is this some sort of weird joke?

Rendering via Damen

By Rob Almeida

The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society won a ridiculous donation tonight at the annual Goed Geld Gala (Good Money Gala) in Amsterdam, enough they say to build their “ideal ship.”

With the 8.3 million euro donation, Sea Shepherd CEO Alex Cornelissen says they “will now be able to have a custom-designed ship built, capable of achieving speeds that far exceed any of the vessels in our current fleet. After researching possible ship builders for the last two years, negotiations with Dutch ship builder Damen has resulted in a blueprint of our ideal ship.”

Their ideal ship appears to be a modified Fast Crew Supplier.

With Sea Shepherd’s history of un-seamanlike operations in the Southern Ocean which, among other things, have involved dramatic collisions with whaling vessels, it will be it will be interesting to observe how their operations are modified with such a sexy new ship.

In other news, Sea Shepherd announced last week Pamela Anderson has joined their board of advisors.

Well there you have it! If Pamela Anderson is on the board of advisors, that pretty much sums it up! She has as much to do with seafaring as I do with the International Space station. This has to be a very bad joke.

With Pam in charge they should accomplish their goal. What ever it is.

trying extremely hard to not detonate right now…

my jaw is aching from my clenched teeth!

Hey c.captain, this should make you happy, read this: http://www.gcaptain.com/forum/shipbuilding/16287-rep-garamendi-pushes-amendment-flagged-lng-carriers.html#post152890

[QUOTE=rob;152900]Hey c.captain, this should make you happy, read this: http://www.gcaptain.com/forum/shipbuilding/16287-rep-garamendi-pushes-amendment-flagged-lng-carriers.html#post152890[/QUOTE]

I am just going there to comment on that…

Well , if Pamela is on aboard and the ship’s stability is compromised-she could add " buoyancy" if needed!

[QUOTE=leprechaun;152914]Well , if Pamela is on aboard and the ship’s stability is compromised-she could add " buoyancy" if needed![/QUOTE]

of course, as soon as she stands the VCG goes up at least 5.5’…if she goes on top of the bridge the entire vessel will capsize for sure!

Now they just bought 2 ex-USCG 110’s. Damn money must be pouring in to them

“In his book Earth Warrior, David Morris writes that Watson wears a long bowie knife at his side and carries AK-47s on board. He blasts Richard Wagner’s rousing “Ride of the Valkyries” to herald his arrival and terrify his victims.”

Who wouldn’t want to give these guys $$? I’m sure the old white needles of death will be painted black with the shark’s teeth on the bow.

How many times will c.captain use the “ph” spelling in this thread?

If they want to portray themselves as pirates, then they should be treated as such. . . .

Whats that fat fuck going to do with those? Lol

All I know is that the buyer of those cutters had to receive an “end use certificate” which prohibits then being exported and possibly even mandates that the vessels remain in the US. If SSS sends them foreign the vessels can be seized by the government which I would love to see them do!

• Updated - - -

That will not stop those infernal miscreants.

[QUOTE=z-drive;163275]How many times will c.captain use the “ph” spelling in this thread?[/QUOTE]

Just seeing how much Sea Shepherd annoys c.captain makes me want to donate to them again just that much more. :smiley: :smiley:

pssst, I heard that Watson is secretly a Jeaux Boss on the bayou. :wink:

[QUOTE=jbtam99;163298]pssst, I heard that Watson is secretly a Jeaux Boss on the bayou.[/QUOTE]

who cares?

[QUOTE=jbtam99;163298]Just seeing how much Sea Shepherd annoys c.captain makes me want to donate to them again just that much more. :smiley: :smiley:

pssst, I heard that Watson is secretly a Jeaux Boss on the bayou. ;)[/QUOTE]

Now why would you give your hard earned money to those rimjobs

I would not be averse to donating money to c.scooter to buy something big and fast enough to harass those morons. Now that would be compelling must see TV.

I’ve got a ten spot for the cause!