Revalidating DP certificate

Has anyone had any luck REVALIDATING their DPO cert. and after scanning and emailing all documents to the nautical institute do you really have to send all originals to them also.

According to their website you do!

Keep copies of everything you have and send it by fedex,UPS, or DHL and purchase insurance. also you cannot log DP time while your stuff is at the NI.

[QUOTE=Louis;162668]Keep copies of everything you have and send it by fedex,UPS, or DHL and purchase insurance. [B]also you cannot log DP time while your stuff is at the NI[/B].[/QUOTE]

Why not if your certificate is still valid.

Keep track of your time and put it in your book when you get it back. It would be foolish to do otherwise.

• Updated - - -

Completed scanning and payment on 4 May. Sent everything via DHL 5 May. Got message from NI that they recvd all 13 May. NI Nexis shows application in process. So far it has gone smooth and the site worked well. Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks for the input, glad to here the nautical institute may be a little more squared away than I thought. Still a little nervous about sending all documents to them, according to the website if your due to renew in 2015 and you wait til 2017 to renew, when you renew they subtract two years from your new renewal date. Might wait till I here more success stories.

Almost forgot, once NI begins processing your application they will send you ( via email) a letter of indemnity that is intended to be used to verify your certification/qualifications while your original documents are at NI

[QUOTE=CapChitown;162762]Almost forgot, once NI begins processing your application they will send you ( via email) a letter of indemnity that is intended to be used to verify your certification/qualifications while your original documents are at NI[/QUOTE]
I was wondering about that, thank you very much