Renewal of medical certificate (cg-719k)

I AM RENEWING MY MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR THE FIRST TIME. I HOLD A 100 TON OUPV LICENSE. IN SECTION ONE OF THE RENEWAL FORM WHAT ENDORSEMENT HELD SHOULD I CHECK? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I am renewing my medical certificate for the first time. I hold a 100 ton OUPV license. In section one of the renewal form, what endorsement held should I check?

Check the one that says Deck.

You would check “Deck”. Look at your MMC. If your entry level ratings include Food Handler check that as well. If you have any STCW related rating (which I doubt) check that as well.

Just medical cert? No application needed. Just send the physical form in to the medical email.

Edit: Correction from Chief_Seadog below (I did mis-read OP’s question). But I’ll leave the FAQ link in case anyone needs it.

NMC Medical Cert FAQ

1. How do I submit an application?
    For a medical certificate only, the preferred way to submit your CG-719K or CG-719K/E (medical certificate applications) along with any supplemental medical information is via e-mail to MEDAIP@uscg.mil. Please include your full name in the subject line. Please ensure the applications are in PDF format, as picture formats (JPG, GIF, etc.) often cannot be opened.

A CG-719B is not required and there are no fees associated with applying for a medical certificate.

1 Like

@New3M and @shipengr, re-read what the OP was asking. CG-719K is the Application for Medical Certificate. The bottom of Section 1 asks Endorsement Held or Sought with several check boxes. @Tugboater203 is correct.

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/NMC/pdfs/forms/CG_719K.pdf

2 Likes