Medical Certs for MMC

Has anybody received their medical certs from the NMC, yet? I read the NMC should have already started to send them out. The NMC website said they would be sending out 50,000 of them out within the next 90 days.

I received one. Unfortunately it expires this summer. I’ll have to submit for a new one prior to its expiration. Too bad the NMC didn’t use the most recently submitted medical form.

Got mine a couple weeks ago

mine came two days ago along with instructions on how to paste it into my Little Red Book.

[QUOTE=ARIES 1;130091]Has anybody received their medical certs from the NMC, yet? I read the NMC should have already started to send them out. The NMC website said they would be sending out 50,000 of them out within the next 90 days.[/QUOTE]

I don’t have mine yet.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Dated to expire next year. I’m still waiting for my waiver letter I sent in for the last week of January.

I got my last week. Does this mean if I apply for an upgrade before it expires I don’t have to submit a new physical form CG-719?

Got mine last week. Thank God it’s not some full size sheet of paper. I was hoping it would fit in the chairman Mao book.

What happens when I run out out of pages in my little red book? I don’t have enough room left for both VSO and the medical certificate.

The medical cert folds in half and is to be tucked in were the TWIC card is supposed to go. Unfortunately since there is no room for your TWIC card in your booklet, you will have to have the barcode tattooed on your neck.

Even so, I will soon have more endorsements than will fit in my little red book. I assume they will have to issue me a new book.

I hear they’ve already subcontracted researchers to develop the next version of the TWIC. It’s called the SCWAC, the SubCutaneous Worker Authorisation Chip. The just inject it in you and all the employers are supposed to have scanners so you can sign in and out of work. They link it right up to your health records, security check, credentials, and your tax info.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;130250]I hear they’ve already subcontracted researchers to develop the next version of the TWIC. It’s called the SCWAC, the SubCutaneous Worker Authorisation Chip. The just inject it in you and all the employers are supposed to have scanners so you can sign in and out of work. They link it right up to your health records, security check, credentials, and your tax info.[/QUOTE]…political affiliation, gun registration status, internet surfing records…

From what I understand, the scanner has to be inserted in to your anus to properly read the chip.

I received mine on Jan 29, no one else on my vessel has received theirs.

Checked out my status on the USCG NMC website and says mines in the mail as of Feb 7th. Waiting to see how long it takes to ship.

Just got mine, it expires in Aug this year, and apparently will need to be renewed EVERY year due to my tinnitus waiver. So I fully expect this to become a cluster as I submit renewals. How early do you submit in order to hold a valid med cert? A month, three? That just means its due that much sooner the next year. Is it really too much to ask for good governmental processes…yep…

So will this replace the letter we get now in reply to when we send in our annual physical? Or is it in addition to it?

Per the new rules we will only have to submit a physical every 2 years for us acting as pilot, but everyone else subject to STCW will as well…deckhands trough engine room. No more annual except for people with waivers I guess.

Got mine last week, kind of ironic since it expires in October when I have to renew my license.